Rear seats

berg2695

Veteran Member
Nov 13, 2011
Adjust the front seat just right, then squat sideways and "hip check" the rear seat cushion back into place.

Twisted_Metal

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 26, 2004
Bloomington, MN
^ Yup!
Pretty much reverse of the method you used to get them out.
It takes a really good push (back and down) to get them into place.

It's easier to get them in if you do it BEFORE you mount the front seats.

Patstuff28

Veteran Member
Aug 23, 2020
I upgraded the 6x9 speakers in all of the 2nd gen Camaros that I have owned. I even got conned into doing a few buddies. Never had the front seats removed in any of them. I always slide the front seats up as far as they will go and then get in the back. Banging the seats in with my knees always seemed to work.

TommyRS70

Veteran Member
Jan 31, 2004
KY
I squat and wedge my back against back of front seat, use knees to wedge and apply pressure to release seat from floor as I lift..

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
I've found it fairly easy to remove and reinstall them. Push back and lift out. Then, lay them back in place, push back and hook them to the floor.
After all, the auto workers popped them in all day on the assembly line. You don't have to read far to find people bad mouthing the workers who built the cars, so if they can do it all day during their shift, we should be able to do it once in a decade or two

Francesco

Veteran Member
Adjust the front seat just right, then squat sideways and "hip check" the rear seat cushion back into place.

Im extremely visual...I would need to see to understand. So adjust the front seat you mean the front passenger or driver seat? Then you squat sideways meaning your between the front seat and lower bottom seat facing the rear quarter panel and then hip check the cushion pushing down. Do i make sense?

Twisted_Metal

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 26, 2004
Bloomington, MN
I tried today to get my rear seat bottoms to latch into place.

Even with the front seat removed, I couldn’t squish it back far enough to catch.

I felt under the seat and the rod is about 3/4” away from dropping into the catch when it’s pushed back as far as it will go. :(

Latest posts