Rear suspension upgrade\spring rates

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by Bruce1968, Sep 11, 2021.

1. biker

biker Veteran Member

Thanks man! I had no idea that the kit included a rear spherical bushing as well. I thought it was front only. But, it does make sense I suppose.

2. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Last I talked to GW (few months ago) they aren't making leaf springs right now

3. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think GW updated the kit in the last few years. Used to be del-a-lum in the rear shackle on both sides.
    Letting the spring pivot from both ends totally makes sense

4. 73standard

73standard Veteran Member

I just called GW today and they've had issues with supply on the leaf springs. Their supplier stopped making leafs and they looked around at others but were finding costs so high that I think that they figured their customers wouldn't pay it. They don't know if/when they will be offering leaf springs again.

I asked about the welding required to install the spherical bearing and it's basically to tack weld in the housing in a few places on the front eye. So not bad.

I asked about other people who sell springs that have the eyes wrapped the other direction and the guy I spoke to suggested I ask Eaton and go from there. I hadn't seen that particular spring arrangement anywhere except Global West before.