Red wire with thin black stripe on wire need location where it goes. By Emergency Brake

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by patroll, Sep 15, 2020.

1. patroll

patroll Veteran Member

Can any one take a picture of where the red wire with a thin black stripe and where it goes??? one wire plugs into the emergency brake the other wire is broken off and I have no clue where it goes. Would like a picture if someone can take a picture its by the emergency brake foot assembly.

Attached Files:

2. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Compared to the red wires in the background of your pic... I think that's a 20 gauge pink wire and it probably has two black stripes on it.

If so... It was originally for your key buzzer and should lead back to your steering column harness.
    You might also find an 18 gauge orange wire under the dash which also connected to the same buzzer.

patroll likes this.
  3. patroll

patroll Veteran Member

That wire is probably pink with 2 black stripes. I see one of the wires beside it goes to the Emergency Brake Light switch Thanks we worked on the buzzer before years ago. I found a fasten seat belt time delay relay (((round buzzer))) Thanks Twisted Metal

4. patroll

patroll Veteran Member

Ok got the wire reconnected the wire still didn't get my buzzer to start working is there a fuse to the buzzer ?

5. Twisted_Metal

If you have both the pink and orange wire connected to the buzzer... it's likely a problem with the contacts for the key in the steering column.

They tend to get dirty, worn or just bent out position.

You will need to pull the steering wheel to get to that switch.

patroll likes this.
  6. patroll

patroll Veteran Member

Is that is a plastic piece that slides into place and has 2 brass contacts down by the key? My door buzzer and my fasten seat belt dosn't work. I had my floor pan replaced but that heat and other stuff attack the parts. My key switch was very hard to turn when I had it in the shop. I believe someone may not know you push the key in and turn the key. That may be it , because it was hard to turn.

7. Twisted_Metal

Yes... That's the key buzzer contacts you described.

patroll likes this.
  8. patroll

patroll Veteran Member

I was able to get into the steering column removed the contacts and the look fine , the back of the turn signal has 2 spot I grounded them together and still no buzzers. That should have done something same thing the contacts does. Where's the fuse to those bussers and do you know why there's wiring going to the seats So question 1 fuse location for bulbs, Question 2 whys there a wire going down my seats?

9. patroll

patroll Veteran Member

I was able to get into the steering column removed the contacts and the look fine , the back of the turn signal has 2 spot I grounded them together and still no buzzers. That should have done something same thing the contacts does. Where's the fuse to those bussers and do you know why there's wiring going to the seats So question 1 fuse location for buzzers, Question 2 whys there a wire going down my seats?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  10. patroll

patroll Veteran Member

Well I decided to get a new buzzer contacts , and believe the old buzzer failed , so ordered a 12 volt buzzer off eBay. Just rebuild the whole thing with a on/off switch for the buzzer. Love for all the original bells and whistles to work. If you know somebody who has a buzzer or sell them let me know prefer original parts.