Repair Drivers Side brake line.

Quazit

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2021
Dallas, North Carolina
I am referring to the brake hoses, not the lines in reference to the word braided.

I appreciate all of the information.

As to being upsold. I essentially told them what I wanted and the gentlemen pointed me to it. You are probably correct that this single line is part of the larger kit.

Mike N

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 13, 2002
Spencerport, NY.
I had a brake line rust through on a ‘67 Camaro I had back in the 80’s, I got lucky and it held up for ten years,
But, back then they only had compression fittings that 5/16” came in brass….most safety inspection stations would balk at that, really needed steel compression fittings.

There are a few places that make CNC bent brake tubing, as mentioned before, “Inline Tube” is most popular,
but there are others, perhaps listed in Hemming’s motor news.
Good luck!
Ben Smith
Regardless of material, compression fittings in a brake line are a no go for NY inspection.

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
I have measured my line and believe the correct part (at least for my 77 LT) from Inline is SCCB76M1.

I ordered that today. I will let you all know how that pans out.

Has anyone found braided brake hoses to go from the drums to the main lines?
So you are buying the proper length pre-bent line in stainless? Dont even try buying an unbent stainless line if that's what you were suggesting in the post before this one.
Good luck! Hope you get the right one and get it banged in.
Maybe tape the open ends of the line while you are shoving them around in the car. Keeps crap out of them. Unless it comes with caps which is nice.

my6nova

Mar 20, 2022
I found a small hole in my driver's side line running under the frame under the drivers seat.

I think changing the entire line might be a bit much for me. How difficult would it be to cut away some of the coiled steel covering and repair a small section of this line?

Has anyone done this? Also what size is that line?

Seems like if I can unbolt it form the three mounting points there I should be able to get it down enough to perform a repair?

I have jackstands but I dont have a way to get it on a lift.

Thanka.
You can buy repair brake lines. They come in different lengths and sizes. You'll also need a flaring tool kit, good luck.

rotinrob

Veteran Member
Oct 2, 2018
Every tube that I have purchased from INLINE (and others) comes with caps. I have a whole bag of them saved for those times that I might need them. Like when I had to cut the MC fuel line to get it to go in without jacking the body (probably why the other divisions A bodies had a 2 piece fuel line). They fit tight and won't come off when fishing them around under the car. The stainless lines that INLINE sells are relatively soft and can be "manipulated" fairly well, just remember it will work harden some. I had to do some rebending on the Monte Carlo left front to get the fit to my liking, no problem. Compression fittings on brake lines is never a good idea regardless of inspections.
Even though they are capped when you get them it never hurts to blow them out before installation.

Good luck and have fun.

rotin

Bentley

Veteran Member
Aug 14, 2020
Alot of discussion throughout the years on a mopar website I frequent. If you want it " right ", use Right stuff......

kdsracing

Mar 13, 2009
Apple Valley, CA
I found a small hole in my driver's side line running under the frame under the drivers seat.

I think changing the entire line might be a bit much for me. How difficult would it be to cut away some of the coiled steel covering and repair a small section of this line?

Has anyone done this? Also what size is that line?

Seems like if I can unbolt it form the three mounting points there I should be able to get it down enough to perform a repair?

I have jackstands but I dont have a way to get it on a lift.

Thanka.
If it were mine, I would probably replace the whole line, but that being said, I have seen repair/patch kits at my local NAPA. The kit comes with fittings to put a section of new tubing in place. I’d look at this first.

8pack

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 29, 2007
Western, MA
Fair enough. I went away from the idea of putting in a patch line. I'm wondering if you mean this grouping by the rear axle. (Sorry for my drawing from memory.) I don't know what this little junction box is called. View attachment 140746

In agreement that I don't want any failures, whether I doing 70 or or 20 ;)

I was lucky enough to be able to get the line detached from the rubber line to the left rear without damaging the actual rubber line. So I should be able to just replace the single hard line and call it good until I'm ready to redo all of the lines.
If someone already responded, sorry.

It is super cheap insurance to replace that line, everything is apart and you are already under the car just do it, it’s a safety thing at the end of the day and once that section gets repressurized who knows if that soft line is still any good.

Latest posts