I would like to see what this looks like.Generally installing quality stainless hoses has a big impact on brake pedal feel, they don't expand under pressure like the rubber hoses do. I have a homemade pressure bleeder that I attach over the MC. Just a plate with an air fitting and a rubber gasket. Need to be careful though not to run the fluid out of the rear chamber, the front not so bad as it is bigger. Use no more pressure than required to flow fluid, also this eliminates bench bleeding the MC.
The beer method is more fun but my preference is Canadian Mist.
Did you use this line for your Camaro? Also did you wind up using all three or just the left and rights? Thanks.I believe this is the kit I used and it worked great for the flex lines.
Free Shipping - Summit Racing™ Brake Hose Sets with qualifying orders of $99. Shop Brake Hoses, Sets at Summit Racing.www.summitracing.com
Thanks for the advice. I just received my kit from In-line tube yesterday. I don’t have the old line. My car was a frame off restoration project that came without brakes. Wish me luck.Hello, Back in December I purchased a 1971 Base Camaro 350 and the brakes needed a complete overhaul. The car had manual brakes with disks up front and drums in the rear. I upgraded to power brakes and installed a booster. I ordered this kit from inline: CC B7101 1971-73 Chevrolet Camaro Power Disc Complete Brake Line Kit 7pc, OE Steel. If at all possible put the car on a lift! I used jack stands and the line you are referring too is close to 10 feet long and it is a complete horror show dealing with by yourself. First step is to CAREFULLY remove the OEM line from the car and sent it on the ground and CAP the ends or you will get brake fluid all over you and everything else!! That long line has several ounces of fluid and it is nasty. I used pig blankets everywhere...part of the job. The new lines you get from inline comes in a 5 foot box two of the lines come bent for shipping. The main line front to rear and the one that goes next to the front cross member. The front lines are a breeze except if the flare nuts are rust frozen. Good grief... Anyway the most important thing I can tell you is to save the old tubes and use as a reference to bend the new tubes back into the correct orientation. Inline sends a picture of the bent tube and where to unbend but the new tube is CLOSE but not exact. I do believe these lines were ADJUSTED at the assembly line to fit . This is what I did. Like I said I used the old line as a template for the new line. I used zip ties every 6 inches and attach the lines together and bent the new line to match the bends of the old. That line is bent like a corkscrew but it fits with a lot of swearing so empty the house. On jack stands I slid the line to the rear then snaked the line back up to the front past the master cylinder. Doing this allowed me to get it up to the top of the differential area. That is the hardest connection to make because you are on your back and trying to reach that area with the rearend in the way. All I can say is don't get too frustrated. I walked away and went to a safe zone and screamed. Did not help. In all seriousness if you can find a lift and a friend to help you with this long line you will be OK. It gets caught on everything and you are pulling and tugging it. What the hell is it caught on! Inline makes a quality line but that long line is bent in two places and it is also twisted to fit in the box use the old line as template..trust me!