Replacing RS front parking lights on 73

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by curtj121, Jun 30, 2020.

1. curtj121

curtj121 New Member

Hello, I was hoping to get some help on replacing the front parking lights on a 1973 RS model as there seems to be no way to get to the back of the units easily. Any help would be most appreciated!

2. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

IIRC I removed the headlight buckets and reached in from there with a ratchet wrench and or 1/4 inch drive ratchet.

3. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Do you want to change the bulbs? To do that just remove the two screws holding the clear lens and then remove the bulb. Are you wanting to remove the whole unit? There are two scalloped areas on the side that you will gain access to the two screws holding the whole unit in place, pull forward and unplug the wire pigtail from the front wiring harnesses, DO NOT UNPLUG FROM REAR OF LIGHT

4. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

I removed the whole housing from my 73 over the winter and after taking the lens off and unbolting the housing I wasn’t able to fit it out the opening without scratching up the lower valance. I ended up unbolting the valance and dropping it down from the fender to get it out.

5. curtj121

curtj121 New Member

Thanks for the suggestions.. I need to replace the whole unit and it seemed almost impossible without removing something