Repro Hood Hinges and hood seal strip

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
My hinges are shot. See that NPD does have reproduction hinges at a pretty reasonable price. Anyone use these? Decent or junk? Also see they don't have springs installed. Humanly possible to put the old springs on the new hinges without a hospital visit?

Nosing around in that section and I see a radiator support seal to hood rubber weatherstrip listed. Did a 70 have this from factory?

Camarokiddave

Mar 17, 2004
Long Island, NY
My hinges are shot. See that NPD does have reproduction hinges at a pretty reasonable price. Anyone use these? Decent or junk? Also see they don't have springs installed. Humanly possible to put the old springs on the new hinges without a hospital visit?

Nosing around in that section and I see a radiator support seal to hood rubber weatherstrip listed. Did a 70 have this from factory?
I got mine last year from Summit--$50 each ...easy install with flat washers to expand the springs--- https://www.trifive.com/threads/hood-springs.15824/

or the Lucky Costa way

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
I recommend using rebuilt hinges. I bought mine off of Ebay, there is a seller who restores them. The rad to hood seal seems nonexistent. I got mine from Ebay, but its for a 67-69 Camaro.

Latest posts