Return line or not? for Sniper EFI

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by rocket dawg, Jul 23, 2020.

1. 73 Z

73 Z Veteran Member Gold Member

Did the same! and both will have the rock shield installed. Ran aluminum tube for awhile, but two 3/8" stock lines ran side by side is the way to go.

2. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Was referring to the original Fbody set-up. If it had a PONTIAC motor in it the return would be on the passenger side while the fuel line is run on the drivers side. Not sure if the CHEVY engined Fbodys fuel feed line is on the drivers side then crosses up front or if it runs down pass side like it's fuel pump.

3. rocket dawg

rocket dawg Veteran Member

Okay, gottcha.

4. rocket dawg

So far I received just the gas tank with pump and level sender. The rest should be here today. Tank came with a roll over valve/vent. Where did some of you place it?

5. rocket dawg

Update. Everything arrived last week. Tank is powder coated silver, looks nice. I wanted to run the fuel lines back towards the filler spout, around the back side and then up the frame rail to stay away from my transverse muffler thats right in front of the gas tank. This will not work as the lines outside diameter is around 5/8ths inch and this wont allow the tank strap to get close enough to get the bolt in, hoses hit the trunk floor ( very little extra space) Plan "B", they must be routed towards the front. Muffler has a heat shield and the stock lines ran in the same area. Then I checked clearance and the hoses attached to the pump hit the trunk floor. Plan "C" Out comes tank for about the 6th time. I had to bang the trunk floor up with a BFH about a half inch in one area. Anyway tank is in. Today I route the hoses and flush the system. I have to drop the exhaust, drill it and weld in a O2 sensor bung. After that it should go fairly decent. I have to drill a hole in the firewall to get the computer screen in the interior.

6. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

where did you mount your vent? Im trying to do my homework on whether this should vent under the car or in the trunk.

Just did my O2 bung too!

20200812_150014.jpg

7. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Plan "D"...add a 1/4 piece of butyle rubber on top of tank....use 1" longer bolts to straps....just really thick anti-squeek strips ;)
    ran my lines like factory WITH a union connection on driver side where fuel feed line makes almost 180 degree turn to framerail. (to ease future removals..)

8. 73 Z

73 Z Veteran Member Gold Member

Definitely not in the trunk! Needs to be exterior.

9. rocket dawg

SAM_1839.JPG SAM_1838.JPG

giggity likes this.
  10. rocket dawg

Vent line routed all the way around the tank on the right side (opposite the fuel lines) and to the back as shown.

giggity likes this.