RIP Robin Williams.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Javelin3o4, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Camaro75LT

Camaro75LT Masshole Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Even if he could financially afford it, mentally it was probably taking a toll on him. Reality is what you see and not always what's actually happening. Years of drugs, ex wives and God only knows what else he was dealing with was more then he could cope with. I hope he found peace from his demons.

2. Devildog

Devildog Veteran Member

I enjoyed his work so I'm very sorry to hear of his passing. It's even sadder to hear about all the people who loved him and his work and yet he felt so alone that he saw suicide as his only escape from a haunted life.

Not to urinate in anyone's grave but that's why I'm glad I live a simple life. Honestly, it seems the more money/success/fame you have, the more issues people seem to have. It just seems that everyone in Hollywood/ show business has these demons or drug/alcohol issues.

I'm just happy being me and living the life I live.

3. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

The news today says that Williams was diagnosed in the the early stages of Parkinson's disease. That explains his acting in this season's TV show.
    It was more than he wanted to deal with.

4. mgoad1971

mgoad1971 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Just found my copy of "The Fisher King" on blu ray... gonna check it out this weekend!!!

5. BMR Suspension

BMR Suspension Veteran Member

His Publicist said this morning, he had no Financial Problems. Said that his Statements about selling his Napa Property were partly Jokes

He was worth more than $50Mil

6. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

sad double whammy.

7. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

Like my best friends dad. He died of a heart attack, but an autopsy showed advanced pancreatic cancer. He was hiding it from everyone with pain meds.

8. red78z

red78z Veteran Member

Sad day, Ive never cared when a celeb . checks out but this one actually made me weep a bit ,,my fav. movie that he was in was Good Will Hunting , he reminds me of a counselor I had in high school , We had the same type of relationship that turned into a life long friendship and he was also my best man @ my wedding, RIP Robin hope you found the peace you needed