RIP Scott Weiland

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by manifoldsrme, Dec 4, 2015.

1. ColdBastrd

ColdBastrd Veteran Member Gold Member

So bummed out. He had one of the better voices in rock IMHO.

Years ago in the early 90's my friend worked at Atlantic Records just off Columbus Circle in NYC as a sound engineer before Time/Warner bought them. He'd let me hang out in the mixing room on Sunday's when he was working alone on stuff. One such Sunday we sat and ate Chinese food as he was mixing down STP's first album. I was blown away. I have a copy of it on cassette tape somewhere that he made for me off the sound board that day.

Seen Scott play 4 times...twice with STP and twice solo and one thing that can be said is that the guy was ALWAYS late to a show. One of the solo shows he was 3 freaking hours late. People were about to riot.

A few years ago when he released his book he was making an appearance at a local bookstore about a 1/2 hour from me. So I went to go check it out. He was an hour late. He signed my book (his autograph is a hot mess) and I got a picture with him. He reeked of alcohol and was slurring his words. I thought to myself, man this dude is living on borrowed time. We spoke for about a minute and I asked if he could sign a Velvet Revolver CD I had with me that I happened to have in my car. He didn't want to and I think it pissed him off. LOL.

It's a loss to the rock world for sure but he was so tortured. RIP....

2. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Must be from playing with Slash. Axl is always late too.

3. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

A long time ago, they opened up for Megadeth. We bood them right off stage after 3-4 songs. Crowd filled with metalheads like me. Nothing against him or STP...just shouldn't have been paired with Megadeth. (Peal Jam yes)

4. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois..... Far S.W. Subs, RT 66 Area
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  5. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Never even met the guy. Looks like he pissed his life away with drugs and finally died.
    Always sad when another human being passes but, did not make a ripple in my pond.

6. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Omg messed up