Rob Gronkowski agrees to come out of retirement to play in Tampa Bay with Tom Brady

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bourbon_scotch, Apr 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Tommy signed a 2 year $50 mil deal ($25 mil per year).

Meanwhile, your hero Aaron Rodgers, who just finished year 1 of his new contract extension (and got nearly $90 Mil paid to him in the first 12 months) is wanting to get a new deal already because Patrick Mahomes is making more money than he is (Rodgers cap # for 2021 is about $37 Mil).

That's the difference between Tommy and Aaron. Aaron always wants to be the highest paid player.

Tom just wants to win.

biendog likes this.
  2. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sounds like you're smitten, is Kirk jealous?

3. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

KD

I respect the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time).

Tom is about to play in his 10th Super Bowl and has won 6 out of 9.

Tom is the only NFL QB to start an NFL Championship game in 3 different decades.

He's won the most playoff games with 33 # 2 is Joe Montana with 16.

Tom has 12,248 passing yards in the playoffs - the closest player to him is Peyton Manning with 7,339 - the closest active player is Ben Roethlisberger with 5,772.

Tom has 80 TD passes in the playoffs - #2 is Joe Montana with 45.

Tom has a record 256 completions in SB games - # 2 is Peyton Manning with 103.

Tom has 2,838 passing yards in SB games - #2 is Kurt Warner with 1,156.

Tom has 18 TD passes in SB games - #2 is Joe Montana with 11.

Tom has only 1 season playing QB in the NFC and has won as many NFC Championships as Drew Brees (15 seasons) or Aaron Rodgers (16 seasons).

Rodgers only NFC Championship game win was against the legendary Caleb Hainie in the 2010 season.

Since then, Rodgers has a very ominous record of NFC Championship game failures - going 0 - 4 - unable to win in the clutch.

2014 - leading 19 - 7 with less than 11 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, Rodgers fails to lead his team to a first down in the next 2 Packer possessions. Seattle ultimately wins the game.

2015 - Rodgers fumbles once and is intercepted once in the first half with those turnovers being turned in to 2 TD's by Atlanta. Score at halftime is 24 - 0. Atlanta scores on the opening drive of the 3rd quarter so it's 31 - 0. In garbage time, Rodgers leads 3 TD drives, but loses 44 - 21.

2019 - Rodgers fumbles once and is intercepted once in the first half with those turnovers being turned in to 10 points by the 49ers. Score at halftime is 27 - 0. In garbage time, Rodgers leads 3 TD drives, but loses 37 - 20.

I won't go into full detail about 2020 as the game just happened on Sunday. But in the last 3 Packer possessions, Rodgers only completes only 4 of 11 passes, is sacked twice and is 0 for 3 passing in the redzone going for the potential game tying score.

4. Knuckle Dragger

You're loosing some credibility here Champ, first you say you didn't watch and then you want to describe it to us. I have to start to wonder how many other things you say just to try and win the internet.............

carr911 likes this.
  5. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

upload_2021-1-27_15-3-49.png

Rene Melten, Zstar and Fbird like this.
  6. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

I didn't watch the game. You don't have to watch the game to know what happened.

I know how to read and comprehend a boxscore.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202101240gnb.htm

Scroll down a little over half way and you can see the Packer and Buc drive chart. After that they have the full play by play.

Some people just spout off the top of their head (and usually are wrong when they do it), others actually take the time to do the research and post factual information.

7. Knuckle Dragger

Sure, buddy that's what you meant "wink wink"

8. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Once again, spouting off without acknowledging the facts.

Do you ever tire of being wrong?

9. Knuckle Dragger

LOL, where? Tom Brady won a few super bowls, Aaron won one, that makes both better then Cousins. Was I supposed to be dazzled by you first being deceptive and stating you didn't watch the game and then describing what you watched (the game), or you trying to move the goal posts and arguing Brady vs Rodgers instead of what a mistake it was to sign Cousins?

I'm particularly amused that you got caught saying you didn't watch the game announcing your moral high ground and then you forgot you laid out that line of BS and contradicted yourself by describing what you watched. When you got caught you threw out another line of BS and run around yelling "I won I won" as if anyone buys that crap. LOLOLOLOLOLOL I can't even take you serious anymore.....

10. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

You guys are almost as amusing as watching the game. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.