Rob Gronkowski agrees to come out of retirement to play in Tampa Bay with Tom Brady

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bourbon_scotch, Apr 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

I know you are calling my personal dig at your unrequited love for Aaron as the number two untruth, but you're still lacking a number one untruth. I was busting your balls and you know it.

You claim that I had to have watched the Bucs/Packers game to understand what happened in the that game.

I documented the source of the info from where I gave my summation. To show you how easy it is to do, this is a synopsis of your favorite team's (Bronco's) season opening loss to the Titans in 2020 (a game that I hope you can admit I didn't watch - and even if I did I wouldn't remember).

The Titans opened up with a 3+ minute drive gaining 2 first downs before having to punt to the Broncos.

Drew lock handed off to Melvin Gordon for a 7 yard gain on first down, than threw a 17 yard strike to Noah Fant for a first down. Then Drew failed to secure the snap (fumble) on first down and ended up with a 1 yard loss. Then Drew threw 2 incompletions and the Broncos were forced to punt.

The Titans then had a 9 play, 58 yard drive that ended in a 58 missed FG attempt.

Lock, taking over at the Denver 37 yard line, capitalized on the good starting possession and led a nearly 5 minute 63 yard drive which included Lock going 4 of 4 passes including the 9 yard TD pass to Noah Fant.

Broncos 7 - Titans 0

The Titans go 3 and out. Brian Kern punts 66 yards, PJ Locke (Bronco) gets flagged for an illegal block and the Broncos end up starting in the shadow of their own goal posts (6 yard line).

The Broncos get a first down, but then Lock completes a pass to Melvin Gordon for 2 yards, but Gordon fumble and the Titans take over at the Broncos 23 yard line.

Ryan Tannehill does not let this gift go to waste and lead the Titans on a 6 play drive culminating in a TD pass to Mycole Pruitt.

Bronco 7 - Titans 7

Drew takes over and leads a 12 play, 74 yard over 6 minute drive that goes to waste when the Broncos have a first and goal from the Titan 2 yard line and then can't punch it in - turning the ball over on downs.

Taking over at their own 1 yard line, the Tannehill leads the Titans on a 12 play, 73 yard drive that ends in a second missed FG attempt.

In the second half, the Broncos go three and out then Tannehill leads a 14 play, 6+ minute drive which once again end in a missed FG attempt (miss #3).

Once again, the Broncos go three and out.

Tannehill leads the Titans on a 15 play, 7+ minute drive that hits pay dirt on a Tannehill pass to Jonnu Smith.

Broncos 7 - Titans 14

Drew follows up with a 9 play, nearly 5 minute, 75 yard scoring drive including a 25 yard run by Melvin Gordon and Lock completing 4 of 4 passes before Gordon punches it in from the 1 yard line.

Broncos 14 - Titans 14

Both teams fail to move the ball on their next 2 possessions (less than 6 minutes elapse in the 4 possessions).

After those four punts, Tannehill has the ball at his own 10 yard line. He leads an 83 yard, 12 play drive that stalls out on the Denver 1 yard line. But this time, Stephen Gostkowski nails the chip shot FG (after 3 misses earlier).

Broncos 14 - Titans 17

Lock completes 1 of 3 passes before time expires.

Quick summary:

Tennessee led in time of possession with only 3 non scoring drives that were less than 3 minutes. Although the FG's were missed, the Titans had 3 drives that could have been scoring drives.

The Broncos, outside of their 2 TD drives, only had one drive longer than 3 minutes (turned the ball over on downs at the 1 yard line). The Broncos had the only turnover (Gordon fumble) which led directly to a Titan TD. The Broncos remaining 8 drives averaged only 3.5 plays and 1 minute and 27 seconds.

See, KD, if you can read and comprehend a boxscore, it's easy to give a narrative of what happened in a game.

Now your pissed at me for making you relive that season opening loss of what was a very winnable game for the Donkeys.

[​IMG]

2. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

in other news.
    ......Is it going to be a Gronk vs Kelce show? since Gronk is not "the guy" in the Bucs assault? Or will Gronk just continue doing "what he does" for the Bucs as he pretty much has all season. Giving TB12 a trusted outlet when needed while requiring some kind of D coverage "just because".

Zstar likes this.
  3. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

[​IMG]

Zstar, Coadster32, younda and 3 others like this.
  4. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Pushing off and never getting called for it?

5. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Zstar likes this.
  6. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

Oh yeah - Great Day in Tampa Bay

Picture from my backyard of the Flyover ( I thought I had it in Video Mode but it was in Camera so it didn't focus very good against the sunset) They were closer than the picture shows

146206534_10224391566127167_5294693520473615391_o.jpg

Zstar likes this.
  7. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm not fan of Tom Brady but he's definitely good enough to have won 2-3 Super Bowls without cheating.

Bucs defense shut KFC down hard. It was wonderful to watch. We'll know for sure next year but Mahomes looks different since he had his bell rung a few weeks back. I'm not sure he'll be the same going forward.

Zstar and tom3 like this.
  8. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

I'll admit to watching my first NFL game since last February.

I wanted to see Tom win his 7th SB (and 5th SB MVP).

I wasn't disappointed.

Tom Brady now has won more SB Championships than any NFL Franchise (Patriots and Steelers tied with 6 each).

Patrick Mahomes scrambled for 497 yards last night before throwing or getting sacked - completing only 25 of 49 passes (with 2 INT's) for a passer rating of 52.8.

Brady completed 80% of his passes (16 of 20 with 3 TD's) in the first half (SB record). In the second half, he let his running backs have most of the fun to burn the clock, only throwing 9 more passes. Total of 29 passes vs 33 runs for the game. (KC threw 49 passes vs 17 runs)

Brady's SB records (most of which will never be challenged)

Tom is now the oldest player to compete in a SB (and he won it).

Brady has thrown 421 passes - Peyton Manning is #2 with 155.

Tom has 277 completions - Manning is #2 with 103.

Most passes in a game - Brady with 62 against the Falcons.

Most completions in a game - Tom again, with 43 against the Falcons. 2nd is Brady with 37 against the Seahawks.

Consecutive completions - Brady with 16 against the Giants.

Passing yards - Tom with 3,039 - #2 is Kurt Warner with 1,156.

Passing yards in one game - Brady with 505 against the Eagles - #2 is Tom with 466 against the Falcons.

Most attempts without an interception - Tom with 48 (two times) against both the Giants and the Eagles.

I don't see how Tom could have been cheating to hold all those records, but some people just can't accept that he's really that good.

9. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Novelty millionaires.

10. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

that's what happens when you have a particular and rare skill people are willing to pay for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.