Rolling Rear Fender Lips a Good Idea?

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by gordonquixote, Aug 12, 2008.

1. indyjps

indyjps New Member

Ill be doing mine soon. I replaced the outer wheelhouses with the quarters on - I know the condition of the lip, and the car is in primer. Not much risk there.

Seam sealer on the 2 edges is a good idea. Not many of our vehicles get driven in mud / slop anymore. Part of your annual detailing plan should be to shove a long flex air nozzle into the quarters to blow out anything you can.

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

If the car is in body work stage...I would not roll them. I would cut the metal and weld in a rod. Last think you really want is folded metal in the wheel well.

3. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Wonder what the OP of this thread is doing these days? Haven't seen Gordo for a while.

4. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

my wheel wells came pre-rolled and cut
    Do you have pictures on your car with this? because I might as well do it now that my car is on the side

5. Robert stuart Bell

Robert stuart Bell Rsb78LT

Wow, wish I found this thread sooner.
    I did a partial roll on my 78's beat up original rear quarters to stop it from chewing up my tires, I went and bought a roller for $140 about 5 or 6 years ago from a local store (KMS tools).
    I cut the lip down to about a half inch and rolled it up just enough to be pointing away from the tire.
    Now it fits almost anything without chewing the sidewall and can still be cleaned out