Rough, plumbing advice.

FreedomPenguin

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
wait, are you guys suggesting I shove a sleeve down INSIDE of it? and epoxing it?

didn't think that would be possible. sweet deal if so. I hope they have a size thats perfect for this.

FreedomPenguin

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
I re read his post for the 10th time, I get it I believe.

put a smaller, but close sized pvc into it, then poxing the space around the top and bottom of the pipe, to fill the space between pvc and cast iron pipe.

any prep needed? i can wait til it dries up a bit, no rain in forecast, suck all the water out with shop vac, do I sand/rough it up, try and clean it up, dry it with a fan for awhile to make everything nice and dry.

I will also toss some concrete or fill into that hole beforehand. but then put the pvc down with epoxy to let dry in place. if it isn't needed then I won't. I doubt the floor falls in or anything without it, but it originally had it, I imagine filling it is smart/safe

Got a recommendation for epoxy/bonding agent? I am trying to make this a permanent fix, atleast for many years to come preferably

edit, I also wonder if I could find the same size opening pipe but in rubber, that I could slap it down, and if its the same size,

FreedomPenguin

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
I use this brand/line for everything, I dont know if its waterproof for forever, let me know if you guys know of better caulk for the job.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/OSI-QUAD-Quad-10-oz-Gray-Paintable-Advanced-Sealant-Caulk/1003018168

this gorilla stuff claims 100% waterproof.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Gorilla-10...Sealant-10-oz-Clear-Silicone-Caulk/1000217733

also, should I fill in the cavity back with gravel or just leave it as it is now. I can do either. I have some river rock leftover from my recent landscape project I can pack some of those into the hole. won't be 100% fill, but would add strength if ever needed I guess

Fbird

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 12, 2011
atlanta, ga
yeah you can shove about anything in there to fill the void. Thats all you are doing is filling the void,,,keeping the OUTSIDE......OUT. Given your frozen tundra issue, YES that is what i would expect happened to CAUSE the issue.

Dave Nelson

Veteran Member
Dec 19, 2003
Vineland N.J USA

Zstar

Veteran Member
Mar 23, 2014
Ocala, Florida
Please do not buy that camera. You don't know what you will be looking at. Call a pro, spend a few bucks to find out the entire problem. Wisedryer is right, you are REALLY over complicating this. Step back and breathe. Some Flexseal would fill the hole easily. Then and only then, consider a pvc sleeve. DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.