Ruger?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Dave Nelson, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member

Anyone own a Ruger PC9 9mm Carbine? Any opinions good or bad.

2. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have a Ruger AR556, I'm very happy with the quality of it, hopefully that carries over to their other products.

3. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Ruger has decent quality from what I've seen over the years. Carbines in pistol calibers are immense compromises, so I've long since stopped toying with that idea, and haven't messed with that carbine in particular. But I would place Ruger overall probably a step below Glock, S&W, and FN in terms of quality, maybe on par with someone like Beretta and (despite what they ask in price) above Sig.

4. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

If the Ruger PC9 performs as good as the Ruger 10-22 it should be a fabulous weapon.

5. cali cruzer

cali cruzer Veteran Member

I don't have one. I've had Ruger's for years and every one has been reliable.

IMO, The only problem I have with pistol caliber carbines is the round capacity. One of the reasons I got rid of my Hi-Point 995TS.
    When you increase the capacity you end up with a long mag hanging down and a drum looks ridiculous.

Unless you're trying to consolidate your ammo I'd go with an AR platform.

6. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

have not looked into any carbine stuff personally. My p90 is absolutely marvelous....for ME (granted it is 25 yrs old) other than it being full size (4.5 barrel) it is not CCW of choice ...unless you have on an Arctic Parka...

7. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Not much performs as well as a Ruger 10-22.

351maverick likes this.
  8. Peck

Peck Veteran Member

Having shot a pc9 it is a great gun, pistol caliber carbines are not as much of a compromise as most people think. I have 3 pistol caliber carbines. The kel tec sub2000 is another good carbine. If you are feeling unique you can get a high point and then order the High Tower Armory bull pup conversion. You will be about the same money and have a much more unique firearm. Before anyone talks crap about the high point carbine make sure you have shot and used it not basing your opinions on hear say or looks.

9. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think I paid around $89 for my 10-22 back in the 80's. Think I just spent 4 times that upgrading it, new stock, new bolt, new trigger, new barrel, nice quarter size grouping at 100 yards. Damn its a fun little gun. So many people make parts for them, that is a testimony to its design.
    Ruger 10-22 upgrade.jpg

dcozzi and Dave Nelson like this.
  10. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

If you only spent $400 you got off cheap! LOL Nice stock by the way.

Here is the second one I have built that I did a couple years ago now. I think I am close to 1k into it with optics and all, I went with a volquartsen carbon fiber thm barrel on mine to keep it light to use for hunting. My other one is a really good shooter but with the steel bull barrel it is quite heavy to pack around squirrel hunting.
    20180303_123148.jpg

dcozzi likes this.