Veteran Member
Dec 19, 2003
Vineland N.J USA
1647793023224.png

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
Does the generator come with wheels so it can follow the electric car around?, that picture is a pretty good fail.

The Champ

Veteran Member
Sep 14, 2000
MN
On 110 volt, it will take an hour to put 2 - 4 miles of range on that Tesla.

Hope he lives close to where he's out of (electric) fuel.

If he had an ICE, adding just 1 gallon of gas would give a similar sized vehicle 20 - 30 miles of range in minutes.

Jimmac

Veteran Member
Dec 24, 2013
tucson az
how large of generator would you need to stuff in the trunk to keep a electric car running down the road say at 75mph? jim

The Champ

Veteran Member
Sep 14, 2000
MN
how large of generator would you need to stuff in the trunk to keep a electric car running down the road say at 75mph? jim

Even a generator capable of providing stabile 220 volt power, it would only add 16 - 25 miles of range per hour. At 75 MPH, you would be losing at least 50 miles of range per hour you drive.

Jimmac

Veteran Member
Dec 24, 2013
tucson az
anyone see the roadkill episode when they were in some cold state, ran a generator on the trunk to power a electric heater in the car?

ssupercoolss

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
PA
Electric cars sort of interest me, glad to see people making them work for themselves. I think they have a time and place. For some reason my boss got really hot on buying some new electric line striping machines, (machines that paint those lines on pavement that we park in between) 2 years ago. Normally they have like a 6 hp Honda engine on them. I begged and pleaded not to do it, and the compromise was we bought one. Its already needed a new set of overly expensive batteries, and of course, out on the job, we charge it with a generator, because occasionally the guy "forgets" to plug it in at night.

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
I like the new Ford (there's that word again) Maverick pickup though. Battery with a smaller ICE that combined gives about 40 mpg with a 500 mile range from early write ups. And under $25k out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts