Rusted out truck picture. Beat that!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by sal70ss, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Camaro75LT

Camaro75LT Masshole Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

The paint is the only thing holding my caravan together. Pretty sure the metal under it was gone years ago.

2. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

That truck looks nearly pristine compared to a Toyota Tacoma....

[​IMG]

Would you trust that hitch to tow anything??? It's at such a jaunty angle...

3. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've passed trucks in WV where you could see the car in the lane on the other side of them...LOL

4. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

for sale.....great condition...needs minor repairs.... lol

5. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Can't Believe a cop doesn't pull you over and write a hefty fine for running something that bad. Growing up in Pa everyone learned how to do a little Bondo work just to Pass State inspection. Those vehicles would never have passed. Some trucks down here are bad too because of launching their boats in salt water.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  6. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Can't amagin what the brake lines look like

7. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

I worked on a Ford Windstar from Chicago a couple years ago. The ABS unit is mounted way low in front. The brake lines were so bad. She wanted me to just get it to stop. I replace 2ft section in the center where someone before had done the same. I told her to get rid of it before she had an accident. She kept coming back and I would replace some more. I finally told her I'm done and won't work on it any more. Then a couple weeks later I saw her Van in the J/Y. The front end smashed. Never listened to me. She is friends with my next door neighbor. I saw her and asked about the van. She laughed and said her Husband wrecked it. No body hurt but still what an Idiot. The top of the van look mint but underside was a Nightmare.

8. Lars_2Gen

Lars_2Gen Veteran Member

Ok, so now I see why people get so excited about "rust free" cars from out west. The majority of the so-called rust free cars still have holes in the floors and quarters... but nothing like those. no massive chunks missing. In comparison, they are rust free!

9. Da_Raabi

Da_Raabi Veteran Member

It's all about perspective!

10. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

A guy at work has a 4X4 version of that truck that is even more rusted than the one in the picture. I parked next to it once and looked over and could see all the way through the frame where the shock attaches. Major lift, 35 inch tires that are so bald you can almost see the air inside. He still has every car or truck he ever bought. He bought a Can Am new and his first wife racked the miles up. He talks about restoring it but he's so tight with a buck, I doubt he ever will. When he bought a new truck, I told him the dealership griped about the money smelling like mayonnaise and it took two truck loads of dirt to level the yard up after he dug up all the jars..