RYOBI shop vac on sale at Home Depot

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Smokin'Joe, Dec 26, 2019.

1. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Just returned a Ryobi 18V compressor as I got 2 for the holidays and HD had a special if you buy 2 3ah batteries you can choose one of 7 tools FREE. I got the battery kit for $99 and a 7 1/4 rip saw for nothing, I bet the saw works better than my old 5 1/4 model.

2. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Looks like a tool rental store in there. Nice set up.

3. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

What’s happened is, I’ve fixed everything myself. Every project I end up doing or a repair needing a tool I don’t have, I buy the tool or try to on sale. Even if I use it just once, it paid itself off. A handful of tools I’ve barely used but paying someone to do it would cost me more.

I’ve made quite a bit too using them. Just had arborist come and hack up my Trees around power lines, left a ton of butchered lumber in my yard, can’t burn it how it sits now. So spent 100 on the brushless chainsaw, going to chop it into manageable pieces for fire pit.

The impact was a impulse buy, my HD had both the 3/8 and 1/2 together for $100 but then veteran discount knocked it down to 90. I’m tired of using bars manually on wheels lol.

The bmr jacking rails on mustang have has tons of use and doing lugs manually @150 pounds torque is a pain for removal.

I think honestly the tools have paid themselves off with the work I’ve used them for neighbors etc.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    budro6968 likes this.
  4. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

I am impressed by how nice it is arranged. I agree with the purchase of tools that you need to do a job. I am a DIY type. Can't have too many tools.

5. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Tried out the Ryobi 7 1/4" rip saw today and it cut through treated lumber like butter. I used the HF blade on it, worked better than the one that came with it.

6. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

7. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Good to know as I've had my eye on it for awhile. Maybe I'll spring for one soon, most of my cutting is just a piece here and there, so nothing too labor intensive.

--

1980RS likes this.
  8. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

It's a killer deal when you buy the 2 3ah battery kit for $99 and the saw is FREE.

9. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Just tested this out tonight and filled the Wife's front tires, still have a ton of battery power left. Filled the pretty quick. This little compressor will work great at the track filling slicks and blowing out carb bleeds.
    ryobi.jpg