S.S. brake lines

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by TX78Z28, Dec 5, 2006.

1. TX78Z28

TX78Z28 Veteran Member

I did a complete brake job on my Z28 a while back and it still doesn't stop like I feel it should. So I decided to do a brake line upgrade in the hopes that solves the problem.

I have a buddy that's adding various products to his portfolio to cover the needs of a truck forum he's involved in. Recently he added Goodridge Stainless Steel brake lines to his list of products, so I decided to give them a try.

When I priced a set through Classic they were something like $99 plus S&H. I wound up getting a set through him for my '78 Z28 for only $76 shipped! I just recieved the kit the other day in the mail and it looks great. The lines are the small diameter style to help control expansion and look to be made very well. I can't wait to get them on and see how much of a difference they make. I would think considerable... since the bake lines on the car look like the original 29yr old lines!

Anyway, here's a link if anyone's interested in a good price on Goodridge S.S. brake lines. He only lists trucks but can order anything he doesn't stock. It took about 7-10 days to get mine. If enough folks order f-body lines from him I'm sure he'd start stocking them.

Advanced Products / Goodridge brake lines

2. 67lemanster

67lemanster Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

3. TX78Z28

TX78Z28 Veteran Member

don't know about those other guys, but thought Goodridge was quality stuff?
    Still $39 is a better price, though it listed only 2 lines.
    my kit includes the rear line and so it has 3?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  4. 67lemanster

67lemanster Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

they are quality stuff from speedway. however there 3 piece kit like yours is 80 bucks so the difference is minimal. both are good though. i have the speedway stuff on my camaro from and rear with c5 brake up grade. a buddy of mine is running the speedway fronts on his c6 z 51 brake upgrade. btw speedway is also dot just like goodridge.

5. protour73

protour73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

6. TX78Z28

TX78Z28 Veteran Member

ahh...I did get a better deal then. The Goodridge kit was actually $76 SHIPPED...so if the speedway one was 80 + S&H... then I prolly saved $10 or more? Hey I'll take what I can get! (so I can put it into something else) :)

I knew about inline tube but thought they just did the hard lines? I guess I'll have to take a closer look.