Sad day and happy day

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by pauls70z, Aug 8, 2014.

1. pauls70z

pauls70z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Well, my last classic car was bought today, the never restored 70Z, it killed me having to delete the photos of it from my signature. I am getting more into modern muscle, in particular coverts,( you can tell below by what I own) and maybe a little anxious about where these cars are going in the future. My sons generation could care less about these so I believe at some point in time these cars may decline in value, but not my main reason for selling. I rarely drove the car in true comfort of someone hitting it, and I do want a car I can drive with ease and have the top down. I will get some flack as these cars happen to be low mileage Mustangs (one in FL, one here) , but remember Camaros were not made during this period, except for 02, so I had to go to the dark side. I wish to thank all you people on this forum for helping me through the years with my questions. Can I still be a member if I don't have a Camaro? Here's the 70Z I am talking about. Once again thank you all.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/20113267210...4&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:LCA:MOTORS:1123

2. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm a member still and I sold all my Camaros, and not too many people have told me to GTFO yet, so stick around!

3. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The cars are a common denominator for us; however, owning one is not required. We're here because of the friends from across the country we've made!!!!!

4. red78z

red78z Veteran Member

Amen^^

5. loyal guardian

loyal guardian Veteran Member

I am wrong but IIRC the rule is if you have sold ur camaros and bought all mustangs, to still be a member you have to stand on your hands while rubbing your belly singing yankee doodle while slipping the alphabet backwards in between every word in the privacy of your own home, and you have to buy any member that you see in public 1 drink of choice.

I will give you words of advise, i would lock your mustangs up at night, by the definition given at the first camaro press conferance; camaro: a virosious animal that eats mustangs

6. biendog

biendog Veteran Member

Did your camaro leave the state?If so where,just curious?

7. pauls70z

Back to it's home state NY, came from Syracuse going to Long Island.

8. 69LM1

69LM1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nice car, and I see it still had the carpet clips. They are pretty rare.

Rich

9. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

I saw that car on ebay and thought I recognized it. Richard Thomas is a friend of mine. I remember when he bought the car and brought it home. It had headers on it at the time and I remember Rich tracking down the correct AIR tubes and manifolds so he could put it back to stock. When he decided to sell it at the time I had a 77 Z (and still do) which if I gave him $5000 and my car I could have owned it. When I see Rich again I'll tell him his car is still around.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  10. pauls70z

Yes Rich, all the Camaros I have owned never seen these. Buyer could not say enough good about the car. After seeing it took about 15 minutes to have it sold