Safest way to buy online?

Zstar

Veteran Member
Mar 23, 2014
Ocala, Florida
It really depends on what you're buying. I feel the buyer is most protected by a credit card, then paypal. Cash in person, face to face, cannot be beat.

gramps

Veteran Member
Jul 5, 2009
mankato, mn
I agree cash for in person sales, and EVERYTHING I buy online is on one specific credit card.
Way I figure it is I can refute the fraudulent charges and pretty much all credit cards have pretty decent consumer protections these days. Even if they won’t cover something A: scammers can’t clean out my bank account B: I can always choose to not pay if it is fraud or I don’t get the item I paid for and the CC company is playing games.

Rosster

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Mar 1, 2020
I’ve found several sellers wanting me to use paypal friends and family which has zero protection for the buyer. I’ve offered to pay the added fees for using a regular transaction. Most did but the sketchy ones refused. that was a red flag for me.

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
I’ve found several sellers wanting me to use paypal friends and family which has zero protection for the buyer. I’ve offered to pay the added fees for using a regular transaction. Most did but the sketchy ones refused. that was a red flag for me.
Some of that may be in concern for themselves. As a seller I know Im always concerned of someone getting my parts and then make a claim, ship back an empty box and your hosed. I personally will ask for friends and family because I trust myself lol...

Rosster

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Mar 1, 2020
Some of that may be in concern for themselves. As a seller I know Im always concerned of someone getting my parts and then make a claim, ship back an empty box and your hosed. I personally will ask for friends and family because I trust myself lol...
Oh yeah I had a slimeball try and swap a defective high end videocard for mine returning his in the box and swapping the outsides.

Luckily I had hi-res pics of the inspector stamps and how the screws were clocked and they were obv different. I was so pissed I told him my daughter graduated with the detective that is in his hometown (about 2 hours from me luckily) and said her friend was willing to open an investigation of fraud if he didn’t cancel the return. Even gave him some detectives name in the town from the pd website.
Even invited him to see my facebook (my daughters in uniform in a bunch of them).

He folded then had the audicity to ask me to send back the card he sent as a scam. So I said sure, had him send me a mailer and I promptly threw everything in the trash. Scumbags

Latest posts