Saving a Gen II

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by DLY, Oct 9, 2019.

1. DLY

DLY Member

Gutted72: It's been AT the shop since the first of February, although they did not start work on it then. Since we sold the house, and are building, Paul was good about storing it a couple of months for me... closer to 3 actually. He's been on it and a Studebaker show car pretty heavy since. I would say he really started in late April. So, about 3 months. It should be home in a couple of weeks... Have to get to work putting metal on the new shop so I have a place to store it!

2. DLY

DLY Member

Sorry... stripes will be black! Also have the narrow RS chrome for the rocker panels, and below them will be black as well. That's how they came from the factory, and I'm trying to duplicate that as best as I can...

3. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

You should be able to turn a few heads when it's all done and running around the streets of your area. Then comes the tough decisions, do you drive the Camaro or the C10. Decisions, decisions.

4. DLY

DLY Member

683CE79B-D556-4528-8D5A-029CE1F6D3D1.jpeg 683CE79B-D556-4528-8D5A-029CE1F6D3D1.jpeg DAE41FCF-B678-4D3B-B339-B71821FA7FCC.jpeg

Well, somehow the computer illiterate (me) managed to copy the picture of the rear shot twice.... Regardless, this is what it looks like now! A few mechanical details to work out, and I need to get the interior completed and I'll be ready for some miles! If you'll go back to the very first post, you can really see the progress! Everything fits, and I'm very pleased with both the gaps and paint! Mechanical things to sort... Front end is a little high, will go back to the drop springs. Have to install the rear sway bar, and get alignment done. I may or may not have to switch out upper control arms, will find out when I get it on the alignment rack. Will add the radio when I do the interior, and have to source a space saver spare tire along with the jack. Not that I'll ever use them, just need them to complete the package.

5. DLY

DLY Member

Oh... and I need to get the splatter paint on inside the trunk....

6. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

Love the color, absolutely beautiful.
    Great work, something to be proud of for sure.

7. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

The car looks gorgeous. It needs to be on the road where folks can see it. It will make people smile. We need as many reasons to smile as we can get, especially these days. It's a public service. I salute you.

8. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

WOW, you got that back together quick. Looks AWESOME! Almost 2 years from first post, way to get it done. You should be able to drive it anywhere and get plenty of attention. Hopefully not the wrong kind of attention ;)

DLY likes this.
  9. Oldskool62

Oldskool62 Veteran Member

Looks fantastic. You should be proud.

10. DLY

DLY Member

Thanks to everybody for the kind comments! I'll post more once I get the interior completed, and do a complete set of shots before I start driving it and taking it to shows. I may still have some more questions as I work on getting it completed, but will ask for help as needed. Thanks again!!