SBC in '75 Firebird

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by Fbod76, May 23, 2020 at 7:25 PM.

1. Fbod76

Fbod76 New Member

Hello
    I'm in the middle of swapping a SBC in my '75 Firebird and I'm just wondering about the fuel line situation. The return line needs to be moved to the passenger side since it runs along the driver side on a Pontiac. Are the sending units/tanks for both Firebird and Camaro the same? If so I was thinking I could just get lines from a Camaro and run them as shown on a diagram. Hope y'all don't mind me asking here. Its basically gonna be a Camaro with bird emblems.. The Pontiac guys kicked me out to this site. Lol. I would just go without a return line but with today's fuel and the Georgia heat, a return line can only help.

2. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Should be the same two or three lines, bigger line is supply, others for return and vent. Just run them as needed.

3. 73 Z

73 Z Veteran Member Gold Member

Your over thinking it, Its just a motor transplant. keep the fuel lines where they're at, and replumb from your carb or FI to existing fuel lines.

4. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I thought there was something about the starter being on a different side or was that older ones?

5. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

Pontiac V8 starters are on the driver side but I wouldn't think it would make much difference on fuel line routing..

6. ggtsvnv

ggtsvnv Veteran Member

Not in 75 but by 77 firebirds in some cases were coming with small block chevys. Maybe 77 bird would have the lines you need.