Scam what do you think

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by BowHunter, Jan 22, 2017.

1. BowHunter

BowHunter Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Barbara Terrence to
    Eddie Standridge
    Today at 11:32 AM
    Hi there,
    Thank you for contacting me regarding my 2001 Toyota Tacoma, that I have for sale. I’m first owner,no smoking and i don't have pets. It has no damage, no scratches, dents or hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn’t been involved in any accident.Changed oil every 3000 miles with mobile 1.Has only 114,968 miles, its automatic, with an 3.5L V6,Silver exterior and gray interior.I have a clear title, free of any liens or loans on it, under my name. I am selling it at this final price of $1.500 because my husband died 2 month ago (he had a heart attack at only 38 years old ) and i bought the car with my husband and it brings me bad memories, i don't have a job and i need to sell it for i can pay my bills and for that I want to use eBay services for the safety of both of us so if you’re interested in purchasing this truck and if you have money to buy it just email me with your full name, address including the zip code and phone number, so I can notify eBay that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
    Please click here to see more pictures with my truck : http://www.use.com/EF47L
    Let me know if you are still interested.

Sincerely,
    Barbara Terrence

2. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

If she lives close to you it would REALLY be worth a trip. Take the cash with you just for grins. Damn nice truck for 1500.

3. BowHunter

She will not tell me where she is located

4. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

LOL How the hell do people keep falling for this stuff? OF COURSE ITS A SCAM...lol

CasperCasper likes this.
  5. BowHunter

Her reply

As I have told you in previous email my husband died recently. I had to move out and now I am living with my parents in Topeka, Kansas. At the moment they are the only ones I can rely on. The truck is here in Topeka, Kansas at the shipping company sealed and ready for the shipping.The deal includes delivery and it will arrive at your address in 1-2 days.Once you will get the truck you will have 5 days for test and inspect it. In case that you feel that the truck is not suitable,you can just return it all fees being on my expense.When receiving it you will have as well all the documents including title, sale bill and full service records. The title and the bill of sale will be notarized and signed by me.If you want to continue the deal just let me know and replay with your full shipping details and you will be contacted shortly by eBay

6. BowHunter

This was my reply

Sorry dear ! If it wasn't a scam it would be mine ! I see where you have already removed add from craigslist . Try another sucker I'm not the 1 . Includes delivery heck delivery would cost almost what you are asking for truck.! You need to work on your scam for it to work.

Zstar likes this.
  7. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Some people list on several sites. Was this listed on ebay? If it was on ebay then you at least have some kind of Guarantee if things go sour. The shipping part really does sound unreal. Did she respond to your last email about being a scam...

8. 70 Proof

70 Proof Veteran Member

Fugittaboutit
    It was sour from the start. And 'She' is probably a He.
    Sorry I just couldn't pass this up

budro6968 likes this.
  9. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

After her reply you knew for sure. Smart man.

10. gordonquixote

gordonquixote Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Scam. Word for word replies to a local car my dad email the seller a out.