Not much so far this weekend, but considering it's so cold at least I got out there. Removed the sub frame, transmission clear, found a header burn spot on heater box, an firewall looks like it just needs a washing.
hot72rod, any stainless steel bolts I use will be on the engine. The car I like the looks of stock appearance, so if black oxide is gonna do that I'll have to spray a clear coat on the bolts.
JCSilver80, too bad you still didn't, if there was anyone in south eastern Washington that wanted to try a bog block for awhile I'd let them borrow it. Especially now that I have a sub frame an transmission taking up garage floor space.
Hey Scott, We just finished the resto on our 77 LT; we had rust on the core support, the driver's floor, and the rear end had been damaged (while in the care of a friend who repainted the car in 91 & failed to tell us...). I'm in Graham, just over the hill from you; I'd like to see your car, get together & talk Camaros... Drop me a pm and I'll give you a phone #...
Spent the past month since priming trying to prime an paint the same few black parts over an over. Still not right, but have it narrowed down to ordering more SPI black epoxy an for paint going with a mix of Eastwoods ceramic chassis black gloss an satin.
So until that stuff comes in I got myself out in the garage to get working on the firewall an subframe.
Here is the new body bushings with the old. Top radiator bushing noticeably smaller.
Used paint stripper to get a head start on cleaning up the firewall. Detail marks on the drivers side in yellow.
Found some detail markings, I guess these are on top of the primer an under the black? I wrote over them with pencil here to make myself a template.
This part sucks, stripping what I can then sand blasting whats left.
Got new trunk weather stripping from motorcitymusclecar, here is a shot showing how far the trunk still sets up. Trying to force it an still doesn't want to close an kinda looks like I'm bent the lid in this shot. Looks like an exact profile, but might be a bit on the dense side.
An after about two months still where it was. Fighting a sandblaster that doesn't work well, air compressor that can't handle the ceramic chassis paint, an needing to buy a gas tank for mig welder. Since I am spraying the firewall it kinda takes me to respraying the underside, so I have to figure out a way to get the body in the air for that. I should patch the small rust spot in the toe board so need that done before paint. So in the meantime I've been doing some interior parts, but only get so far with that. Need to buy a replating kit for much of that.