Scott_H '77 Camaro

perkalator

Veteran Member
Aug 27, 2014
kennewick wa
Im not following you on the column ear. My guage bezel is the typical tan. All the rest of the dash that is original was blue " under the cheap paint" lol

Scott_H

Veteran Member
Feb 10, 2003
Pasco, WA, USA
This is the 78 dash bezel with no cracks other than the piece broken off that I can glue back on. The face has a leather texture to it an is the same part as my 77.

78dashbezel_210541.jpg

This is my 77 that has a tan inlay over top the molded in leather grain texture. What I was wondering if this inlay was a 77 only or part of a interior option. I'll keep it an install it, just wondering if a person could tell it wasn't original without the inlay. FYI both my tabs at the column where broken off since I owned it an managed to hang on to them an glue them on. There was a chunk broken off around the top that I made with epoxy an sanded out to match.

77dashbezel_210656.jpg

Last edited:

76_TypeLT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 26, 2008
Houston, TX
yep, there is the "paper bag" style, the "square matrix" style (I think of it as a grid style) and the style in your 77. There could be other colors besides the tan.

Scott_H

Veteran Member
Feb 10, 2003
Pasco, WA, USA
This is what I'm referring to as matrix style, again a matter of how to word the description. The ad I found this said it come from a 78 Z28.

dashbezel_square.JPG

Last edited:

8pack

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 29, 2007
Western, MA
Scott_H said:
This is what I'm referring to as matrix style, again a matter of how to word the description. The ad I found this said it come from a 78 Z28.

dashbezel_square.JPG

That's the one I have in my '78. Look in my build thread where I refinished mine.

Scott_H

Veteran Member
Feb 10, 2003
Pasco, WA, USA
Haven't gotten to far, but thought I should share the latest. I have been manually resizing my photos an uploading to my own website to link an that kinda hinders posting a lot so I broke down an got a photobucket account. I will have to put it in my sig so people can find it, but for now http://s280.photobucket.com/user/Scott_M_Harrison/library/. At the moment I have over 600 photos of my 77 an 78 Camaros' documenting tear down an reference photos.

Last progress post I believe I was stripping the firewall. I then needed to fix some rust out so I could get things primed.

This is towards the end of the nightmare. Blow through an the worst welds you'd ever seen. I got the gas conversion kit for my welder at xmas an this was the point I just went out an bought a tank.

Firewall has it's primer an resprayed the cowl after doing filler work on the dash.

Then I'm probably getting ahead of myself, but I went reproduced the markings I found on the firewall. Was a good feeling thinking I was making forward progress. Hoping the single stage black I spray will let some hint of the paint code to show through. The other parts are just for my benefit I reckon.

Latest posts