Scott_H '77 Camaro

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Scott_H, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Scott_H

Scott_H Veteran Member

Forgot to update the status of the parts car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Passenger side fits so much better with a non AC car. I'm still using small block engine mounts an I think there is nearly 2" between the pan an cross member. The BB mounts will give me an inch right?

2. 77camarottop

77camarottop Veteran Member

i did not read all of your post and not sure if you are keeping the buckskin metallic color but i have that same car and it looks pretty nice, and its different.

[​IMG]

3. Scott_H

Scott_H Veteran Member

I saw some of the original buckskin under my trunk lid an yeah that does look pretty nice. I first had the 70 Camaro gold made as a base clear, but it had a green tint that I didn't like. So I'm now planning to use HOK Solar Gold as my base. Just haven't sprayed a decent test panel to see if that has green in it. What I'm after is a yellow gold, something bright an not like the silver golds I see all over. So yeah I'm keeping the car gold at least.

I had a 78 Mustang 2 I put the cobra spoilers on. Car looked pretty decent with those on, but still had a 4cyl so it sucked.

4. 77camarottop

77camarottop Veteran Member

since you mentioned cobra, maybe from my sig., here is my wicked 77, fully restored with some nice one off things, like hood, with mild build 302.

[​IMG]

5. ls1jorge

ls1jorge Member

you plan on selling anything off the parts car?

6. Scott_H

Scott_H Veteran Member

Depends what your looking for. Figure I would try an make a driver with parts from my good car. So things like interior an trim I could. Body looked to clean to part, but with it repainted before I see some s filler cracking.