Scribner closing?

Discussion in 'Nebraska Camaro Club' started by 80'427, Nov 1, 2005.

1. 80'427

80'427 Veteran Member

I just heard that Scribner is closing. What the hey? The last few times I have been there was plenty of people there. I heard some story about the gravel road but that sounds fishy to me. I guess I will have to go the 1/8 mile route and run at manhattan KS. Just when I am about finshed with my car.

2. Eliminator SS

Eliminator SS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yep, that's the rumor.
    I don't understand what's going on either.
    There's always all kinds of cars there.

I think he's doing it to make a statment. I'm not sure, and I even know the guy!

3. 80'427

80'427 Veteran Member

I don't "know" him but have meet and have friends that helped him with the noise test at the airport when they were trying to use one of the landing strips to race on. Maybe they will build that track in seward be lots closer for me.

4. mrnastyz28

mrnastyz28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Go to Kearney and race at their track. They are done for this year but they have a nice track and get a lot of cars.

5. Travisty

Travisty Veteran Member

Yup, as far as we all know around Omaha and Lincoln, Scribner is closing after this year. This sat will be the last test and tunes or races ever at Scribner. Hopefully I can get my Camaro out there for the last one.

The story that I've heard is that the owner can't afford to have the roads leading to the track paved and the city won't pay for it. I think the NHRA may have some requirements for the track as well, and it all adds up.

There was a stpry in the Fremont paper that said the city is trying to find a way to work with the owner and keep the track going, but I don't know how promising that is.:rolleyes: It's not like there's anything else in Scribner, NE so it would be good for the city for the track to stay open, but it doesn't always work that way I guess.

6. 80'427

80'427 Veteran Member

I have been to kearny but it really a long haul from here and I liked the friday night street races even though it usually took me 3 hours to get home. I guess I will have to do more street racing to fill the gap or go to the big track in Topeka.

7. Travisty

Travisty Veteran Member

Where in Nebraska are you at? We have some decent street stuff in Omaha. We try to keep the idiots out most of the time, but they're like gnats. Always around.

Check out www.1320video.com

8. SMOKN73

SMOKN73 New Member

Well what can i say i just moved up here and im not really familiar with the are. i was wondering if you guys would be able to point out some good spots to go drive around and check out some cars. as for the racing i need to do some work on my car before i can race.

9. Travisty

Travisty Veteran Member

Where are you located? During the summer Omaha has a weekly car show at Flashbacks which is located around 84th and center on Wednesdays. I know Lincoln used to have weekly meets at a local Sonic, but I think they were kicked out due to ricers:rolleyes:.

10. 80'427

80'427 Veteran Member

lexington is a ways off I know of some stuff in lincoln but your a little out of that range. I did hear some stuff about having americruise in lincoln again. That would be cool. I live in fairbury look at a map.