seatbelt guides-1, me-0.

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by bagpuss, Jun 7, 2008.

1. bagpuss

bagpuss Veteran Member

went to install my seatbelt guides. there is a hole in the seat for the guide to fit into. guide pushes in to seat and of course falls out. the screw for the centre of the guide obviously is being screwed in to nothing. am i missing a vital piece to my plastic guide or what? there must be something that goes under the guide or maybe under the upholstery?:confused:

2. efinger

efinger Veteran Member

On my car, a 1977, the guide are 2-piece set ups. One piece, with two screws, is the base plate that mounts to the seat. Then the triangle guide thing mounts to that with a squeeze-in clip. If you dont have the little baseplate piece that might be your problem. Check nat'l parts depot for them.

when I replaced/repaired mine there was a chunk of metal underneath the upholstery that i redrilled into and mounted the baseplate. Dont drill too big! And use some sheetmetal screws. Its been solid since. Feel around for the little metal piece in your seat and go from there. If its gone youll have to use that Canadian ingenuity and fab something. Good luck!

3. bagpuss

bagpuss Veteran Member

duct tape and hay wire!

ran over guide with car, by accident.( take that seatbelt giude!).:crazy: :crazy:

found the kit from f-body.( comes with screws and baseplates). rectangular, or triangular? does it matter?, don't have a clue what my car originally had. is there an advantage from one to the other?