Sell/Buy Camaro Opinion (wife)

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Bill81, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plater Tom

Plater Tom Veteran Member

Bottom Line......She is a woman, we all know how they act/react. Tread lightly, be patient. Watch her emotions to find out if it is the right time to bring up certain subjects. I dont know why I am giving this info because if you are married then you already know this. (thought I would try to help) Tom

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

In my house we have my money, her money and our money....You need some freedom. I don't need to consult the wife before I buy a soda...If I sold my car today...that's "my money" and she knows that would not be her place to tell me what to do with it. She respects me enough for that. Same for her...is she sold her $900 IPHONE and wanted to buy a different one...that sure azz hole ish of me to tell her she can't.

Knuckle Dragger likes this.
  3. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Yet another good reason to not get married, until you're old and need someone to help change your depends. And sometimes getting the cold shoulder from the wife is not all that bad. Peace and quiet. You young guys need to pay attention.

4. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yes, when we first got married, my wife was working, and we agreed to keep our separate bank accounts, and separate charge cards. I paid the bills - I like to keep an eye on what the monthly living expenses are - and every month she'd write me a check for some portion of it(it varied as our salaries diverged). Over the years she's said she was glad we kept it that way. Of course, we do have each on the other's accounts as joint, so the money will be easy to get to in case something happens to one of us. But I have friends who are married, who just have one common checking and savings account, and that works for them. That's also how my mom and dad handled their money.

But my wife and I always talked and agreed about major purchases - she would have yelled if a brand new Corvette showed up in the driveway while part of the house was incomplete(we built our house), and I understood that.

Knuckle Dragger likes this.
  5. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

^^ Lol...I only need the bare essentials to live...Food, water and car parts. If I have those...she can have the rest of the money lol

6. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

Fortunately, my wife is a car nut like me so I don't have to worry about spending money on parts. Makes life a hell of a lot easier.
    I just had a guy back out of a deal to buy some rims from me because his wife found out. I sorta felt bad for the guy and it did make me count my blessings.

Smokey15 and xten like this.
  7. xten

xten Veteran Member

There is a reason why "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" is a cliche.

8. xten

xten Veteran Member

I have seen for sale ads that actually say "Ask your wife if you can buy this before you commit".

BillyDean7173 and Smokey15 like this.
  9. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Same here. We do have two bank accounts. When I sold my shops I changed from business account to personal. Very convenient because I balance one, her the other. Rule is: If she wants it and we can afford it, she gets it. She is retired from a very good job in aerospace industry and has put in a lot of hard work. Her ex was a controlling asshat. She deserves the best (why she's with me I'll never figure). That said, she doesn't second guess my purchases as well. She kind of 'pushed' me to let her bid on my new ride. Even offered to pay half. I declined but appreciate her offer.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  10. Bill81

Bill81 Veteran Member

We had a heart to heart this morning. And I did tell her that fixing up the house isn't going to bring more money, especially if the new buyers don't like what was done. After our long talk, she has come around a bit about the car. I actually put a deposit down on one that I have been talking to a guy about. I go Saturday to look and either take home, or get the money back. It's crazy how I see responses and that is exactly how things go or how I am thinking. I knew coming here would give some up and down advice. But now that I am no longer a 2nd gen owner, there isn't a reason to come here but I will just look around from time to time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.