Seller FEEDBACK thread

Discussion in 'Swap Meet Section' started by Keizer, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Protour-Camaro

Protour-Camaro Veteran Member

Mr Fbdy

Has anyone else have a questionable experience? Nice guy before the purchase, had a problem with some panels he sent me months ago, offered to replace or refund, but now will never answer my emails or PMs to complete it.

2. 5spd540

5spd540 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I did but will not post it for the public because I am not getting into it with him again. Pm me and I will tell you about it

3. Da_Raabi

Da_Raabi Veteran Member

Silver80Surfer

Bought an 80-81 Z28 air induction setup from Silver80Surfer. Great guy to work with and shipped when he said he would in a solid box. Everything looks great. Thanks a ton bud!

4. 79Berlinetta22

79Berlinetta22 Member

Thanks sbrown139

Thanks sbrown139 for shipping the back seat floor pan plugs.

Thanks for the parts and your patience Steve

Rod

5. Silkesvarten

Silkesvarten Veteran Member

Silver80Surfer

Bought 80-81 front fender vents and hood latch bracket. Packed and shipped to Norway no problem. Will do again...

Thank you!!

Olav

6. daddio4048

daddio4048 Veteran Member

Big thanks to 70rat for getting some trim pieces out to me in two days ! That's just good business !

7. 70rat

70rat Veteran Member

Big thanks to Ryan 79.Great guy to deal with.

8. iraqivet

iraqivet Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Seller Feed back

I wasn't the seller but the buyer of a 1980 Rally Sport Camaro. The seller was Rally Mike, a new member who lives near Cincinnati Ohio in West Chester. In the several e-mails we went back and forth and talking on the phone, we reach an agreement. In his conversations and e-mails he stated the body was solid with all GM steel panels. He also said he had several boxes of GM parts for the car. I thought I finally found a car with little rust issue. When my son and I went to pick it up, I looked it over, underneath the floor boards up front and the rear quarters and rear lower valance. The car was undercoated. We removed the items out of the driving compartment so I could repack all the parts. Yesterday I started going through the parts and removed the lose interior parts. I pulled up the rear seat cushions to find the whole area on both sides with rusted out areas and heavy surface rust. How I missed this when looking underneath is I was concentrating on other areas that rust. The whole time he assured me the car was 100% metal wise and all GM. The area rusted is terrible and of course they don't make a panel for the rear area. Some of the OEM parts still in their boxes were not for a 2nd generation at all. He said the dash pad and center console were like new and just need painted. The dash pad is trash with two slices through it and the center console has a gash. Not even good enough for a daily driver. I got conned believing this guy. Here is his post on the car in his words:
    "I have an Blue with blue interior 80 RS T-Top car that has been stored on a concrete drive next to my house for the past 20 years. It is a project car all metal absolutely no rust. Some NOS parts. No engine or trans. My wife actually bought the car in 1983 we sold it in 1986 and I bought it back the same car in 1994 for her wedding anniversary. It's been 20 years now I haven't finished it so I found her another one that had 60k on it and bought that one for our 30th anniversary. I was thinking $1500 would take it. I live in Cincinnati Ohio."

On the way home he calls me wanting to buy the rear lower arm rest plastic which was new for his RS. I said no, I would need them. Well, I learned a lesson. Unless you are seeing the vehicle in person and inspect every corner, don't believe the seller unless other members have had good business with them. It appears he joined this site so he could dump the car. So, do I part this Camaro out also or does anyone believe the panels can be formed and this RS saved? Pictures of rusted areas:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. 81_Owner

81_Owner Veteran Member

On a hunch I sent a PM to 80hurstz28 asking if he might have an item he would sell me. It just happened that he did... He was patient with me finally getting him the PayPal payment and the items were shipped immediately. He was a great guy to deal with and the items were exactly as he described.

Rob

10. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm sorry you're in this position but in the buyers defense you did look at the car before you bought it. This wasn't a long distance buy where you had to take someones word for the condition. You were on hand to verify before you bought it. I don't know if the seller lied or just didn't know where to look for the rust but you should have verified before you laid down the cash. One thing is certain there are no carved in stone definitions in this hobby. One mans rust free is another mans piece of crap. I bought a good number of parts that weren't serviceable (to me) going off someone else's description. I don't think the sellers intended to rip me off we just had different expectations.

Good luck with the car, it sounds like the conscientious is it can be fixed. Don't let the bad experience turn you off on the car. Those pictures will be great before shots when it's all done :)

And we'll all be wary of Rally Mike going forward.