Seller FEEDBACK thread

Discussion in 'Swap Meet Section' started by Keizer, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Rally Mike

Rally Mike New Member

80 RS Camaro response

THIS WAS MY RESPONSE TO BOB'S EMAIL TO ME PERSONALLY ALL BE IT WITHOUT RESPONDING TO HIS PROFANITY SHOWING HIS AND MY EXACT QUOTES TO EACH OTHER.

Bob

I am sorry that you don't see the value in this car.

It does make me wonder however the fact that you..... and quoted from you....(Bob...."parts I'm selling from two Z-28's that unfortunately were too far gone rust wise and mods made by the previous owners or the owners before them. I also Have a '79 Camaro Coupe that is a roller but I lost interest in it When I realized the condition of what it would need to revive")......... keep buying cars and realize either it's more work than you anticipated, or you are a parts hanger and don't have the skill set to restore these cars....(" And I'll cut this turd apart like the others because it cannot be saved.")......again don't have the skill set to save. Or maybe you don't have the financial resources to restore one properly.I mean look how long it too you to raise $1500.00
    ........(Bob..."If you can give me a week or two (depending on my Retirement source), I could request money to be withdrawn form it. I also have items up for sale on E-bay and you will start seeing on nasty Z-28 parts I'm selling from two Z-28's")

I will now address everything in your writings against me

The car is solid and all the parts are GM oem parts as advertised, no aftermarket. I was not aware of the rust under the seats. I uncovered the car after 20 years of storage and pushed it out from the side of the house to take pictures. I had no reason to even think that it would be rusted. Because the rest of the car is so solid. For that I do apologize.. When you showed up you said you looked under it and that it was a solid car. It seams to me if you have a camaro with a good under seat floor piece you can cut it out and weld it into the RS in a couple of hours. But to chop up such a solid car and scrap it over a little rust is maybe why you keep going through so many cars.

The dash and console. I never said "great condition" You asked what color I said grey. These can be repaired and since you were going to dye or paint them anyway would, like body work cover up any such repairs. I have seen where the fbody store can do such repairs.

The trim rings and chrome pieces. You seen the car they came off of an all original 65,000 mile car. I think you misunderstood when i said I was giving you the parts off the "new" car we have now...... (Mike.."Coming home from the cruise in tonight I was telling her about our discussions and she realized I wasn't planning on putting some of the new chrome on her new RS even though hers look perfectly fine for a 65,00 mile car,")..... The scratches and dent can be sanded / polished on the trim rings and to meet your standards re chrome the other pieces. They still are original GM pieces.

T-top seals, When I purchased them along with the other parts 20 years ago I just assumed they were correct it's surprising to me that they are not. Why would I buy ones for the wrong year. It's not like I have a bunch of camaros around and got confused.

T-top trim rotted and sail panels. were extra parts and the paint can be taken off the sail panels and dyed. I was sure the NOS T-top trim was blue. If not my mistake and you were going to dye the interior anyway and the fact that they reproduce them now doesn't mean anything. 20 years ago that's all you could get.

The nose was bought as a new piece in the box from a swap meet at the local car show.

If I knew you would give up on the car so easily I wouldn't of sold it to you.

Bob I truly am sorry that I didn't check for rust on a car that was solid 20 years go. I did not lie or intend to mislead you in any way. I would hope that you would be the kind of positive guy who sees the glass as half full rather than half empty and no get deterred so easily at the beginning of a project. If you decide you want to sell the rear interior panels for $250.00 each I will pay that it's the least I can do.
    As for the RS project I would hope that you could man up and move forward with it and not be overwhelmed with what it takes financially and physically to finish such a rare car.

Thank you sir for reading this and also on this day of honoring veterans thank you for your service to this great country!

2. azkeebler

azkeebler Veteran Member

Big Thank you to 70Rat for nice used items sent out quickly and packaged for safe shipping! Great friendly member!

3. Protour-Camaro

Protour-Camaro Veteran Member

$1500? What does the rest of this car look like?

4. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

Don't worry, that's an easy fix. I had to repair that area on my 71. I just cut out the bad stuff and welded the patches from a donor car. I flanged it so it fit like a glove. Little welding and seam sealer and you would never see it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. RICARDO1969

RICARDO1969 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Big Thanks to Tonyz
    Sold me a black armrest in perfect shape!

6. 79zron

79zron Veteran Member

franks70camaro

okay, just a heads up on this guy, he sold me a carb, told me very nice shape, posted this on the site, we talked on the phone and yet he never said anything about the things I found, its not what he described, I asked for refund, he tells me he spent the cash, and is flat broke, not his problem he says. so be aware, before he screws somebody else over on this site! don't buy from him he is a lie and a cheat! oh and also, he insisted it be paid by friend/family on paypal. so I can't get refund by them.

7. mgoad1971

mgoad1971 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sorry to hear about that. I thought you could still put a complaint in even for "friend/family" option? I try to use that with people to avoid fees, but I guess for a first time buyer/seller I can see using the standard paypal method.

8. Protour-Camaro

Protour-Camaro Veteran Member

No chance....I feel part of the fees is to pay those employees to do work on the cases. If you all of a sudden show we are circumventing the system, fees will soon come for gifts too.

I like to see that case though..."my dad screwed me over, I want my money back". I didn't use the regular method to pay because I didn't want to pay the fees" Will you help me?

What is wrong with the carb?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  9. mgoad1971

mgoad1971 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I guess that would be the point. You pay the fees for them to deal with situations similar to this. If you send money "Friend/Family" you automatically give up any/all rights to complain.

10. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

Good to know - Thanks for the heads up. Any chance you have a link to the original thread?