Seller FEEDBACK thread

Discussion in 'Swap Meet Section' started by Keizer, Feb 8, 2008.

1. RePhil

RePhil Veteran Member

They're talking about the classified ad section, not another forum. It's the "Swap Meet" link below your private message box at the top.

2. 71 Camaro

71 Camaro Veteran Member

Thanks, I never knew you could do that. Just always figured it went to regular swap meet. Only times saw that other was when somebody would link to it.

3. Ztoy

Ztoy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The one drawback to having a 'feedback' area is who is going to police it? Substantiating 'negatives' or even 'positives' can be a daunting task. Personally I think a 'feedback' area is nice, but you have to think this thing through from start to finish, including how to deal with false claims.

4. 71 Camaro

71 Camaro Veteran Member

Another car site I go to does NOT police it and anyone can say anything about anyone. Sure there is an occasional dispute, but not very often. One justs PMs the moderator and it gets removed if it seems bogus.

You gotta do something to protect the members. Especially here at nastyz which is getting a rep for the place where people pay dumb prices for anything Camaro. Seriously this place was a thief's paradise without no feedback. I mean think about it. If I wanted to I could easily get several thousand dollars of members money here, cause we all basically trust each other. By the time word gets out, weeks later, fecal-matter man I'd be loooong gone. Wait a month or two, get a new user name and start it all over again. If we don't keep the crooks and creeps out we'll all be screwed.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2008
  5. Ztoy

Well I just don't agree with you. So you're named as a scammer, so what. Come back in a day or two, program your router with a different ip address and you're back in the door. Don't police it, call someone a liar and thief and you set yourself up for a lawsuit. Heck even the site itself could be found to be libel as well.

Best to only buy from someone you know and trust. If a guy has only a few posts then let the buyer beware. A little common sense goes a long ways. As a member here I don't need to be protected and I'm sure most feel the same. It will end up being something else for the mods and admins to have to deal with. If they and the site owners are up to it and all involved, then go for it.

6. 78LT383

78LT383 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

It seems to only work if the person has an ad in the swap meet forum. There are several members that deserve positive feedback from me, but I can't give it to them since they don't have a posting in the new swap meet area.

7. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

Apparently the person in question is going to settle up with me on the item they bought. It took some public forum pressure for them to finally respond to my many messages.

This whole incident just created a rule for me and the way I sell stuff. I keep the package, until I see the payment I was promised. Unless it is someone I have successfully done business with already. I have two packages ready to go out right now with peoples name on them. No payment yet, so they will stay put.

carhead22000 likes this.
  8. Ztoy

Very wise move keizer. Its just too bad it has to be that way, but it does.

9. 77RS

77RS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

^+1 When it comes to friends or strangers, business is business. A valuable lesson I learned early in life.

BTW: I've dealt with Keizer and he delivered the parts on time and in the exact condition as described

10. 81Midnight

81Midnight Veteran Member

Did business with Pete77LT. Very nice guy, and was a pleasure to do business with.

Jake