Selling on Facebook

76z28

Veteran Member
Jun 29, 2009
bakersfield
Dear lord is selling something on Facebook nearly unbearable.

Selling my big block and t56 magnum transmission

I get a message this morning... "Would you take 2500 for the engine and 2300 for the trans"

It's amazing to me that people really thing that works. How often must that work for you to even do that?

I just responded with "LOL I'd rather blow both of them up before letting them go for that.".. which is something I might just do if they don't sell this winter.

73Z L92

Veteran Member
Jan 25, 2011
Carlos, MN
I was in sales for almost 30 years. High end packaging equipment. Every sales training course I attended said the same thing "If don't ask you don't get".
No doubt people will offer stupid low prices. All you need to do is to say no.

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
On a low ball offer I usually come back with "thanks for your interest but can't go that low." And I leave it at that. Just part of the game sometimes.

70lt1z28

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Oct 3, 1999
Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
Dear lord is selling something on Facebook nearly unbearable.

Selling my big block and t56 magnum transmission

I get a message this morning... "Would you take 2500 for the engine and 2300 for the trans"

It's amazing to me that people really thing that works. How often must that work for you to even do that?

I just responded with "LOL I'd rather blow both of them up before letting them go for that.".. which is something I might just do if they don't sell this winter.
If you said yes they would I'm sure wanted shipping to them included also.

76z28

Veteran Member
Jun 29, 2009
bakersfield
If you said yes they would I'm sure wanted shipping to them included also.
Ohh yeah... I've been asked that. It almost feels like a child asking for something with some of these people.

"does this fit LS3 heads?"

"does this fit a small block?"

Patstuff28

Veteran Member
Aug 23, 2020
I was in sales for almost 30 years. High end packaging equipment. Every sales training course I attended said the same thing "If don't ask you don't get".
No doubt people will offer stupid low prices. All you need to do is to say no.
My Father was a salesman for almost 40 years. He always taught me to ask for a discount (not lowball). When I changed all of the windows in my house, the salesman came back with a quote of $20,749. I asked him if they could do the job for $20,000 even. He told me that the owner of the company was “very offended “, as no one had ever asked for a discount before. But they ended up doing the job for 20 grand.

ssupercoolss

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
PA
i havent sold anything on FB, bought some stuff, but i can only imagine its as interesting as CL is.
On the flip side of crappy buyers, is crappy sellers. you know, the ad that makes you start to salivate like they have what you want, but its so horribly written, with so little info, and when you message them, you either dont hear back from them at all, or their answers to legit questions make it pretty obvious they dont know what they are selling, or if they really have it. I am always super skeptical of any online ad.

Rosster

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Mar 1, 2020
It’s just part of doing business on CL. Most lowballers aren’t intersted in keeping you item, they hope you off it super low and they can flip it. I never respond.

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
I don't sell on farcebook, but it's the same on craigslist. I have a 468 BBC that is complete carb to pan inc. some extras for $4500. I get would you take 2K for it? "Sure dumbarse why don't I just give it to you" lol, NO. There are way too many flippers from what I have been told on marketplace now.