SEM Buckskin at NPD

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by Greg73Z28, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Greg73Z28

Greg73Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Just want to let you guys in on somthing that just happened last week. I came across a thread about interior paint and saw that Rick Schmidt from National Parts Depot had posted there. I contacted him about an issue that I have been having trying to color match my 77 Z28's light buckskin interior. I will post some pictures here later, but let's just say that the standard SEM colors are not even close, and the OER brand is a better match, but still too dark. I know that there are many various shades in these interiors, so it is impossible to find a one color solution, or so I thought.

When I contacted Rick about my issue, he informed me that they were currently working with SEM to come up with a custom color for NPD for this interior. He offered to send me a can to try for free, but I told him I would gladly pay for it. He shot some pictures of a sample card he shot compared to a completely original interior on a 77 Mote Calo with less than 300 miles on it. I was so impressed by the match, I took a shot and ordered enough for my needs.

After it showed up, I shot the backside of one of my panels, and he nailed it. Again, it is not EXACT to all the panels, because they are all slightly different. But, if you are looking for a solution to this issue, order the 76-77 light buckskin interior paint (SEM) C-VP4721 from the folks at NPD. Great work Rick. I will post up some pics later today.

Greg

2. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Always great service from them.

3. Greg73Z28

Greg73Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Here's a couple of pics. I have included a couple that Rick sent me and one I took of an armrest panel with several areas shot with various colors. The one I took was in my shop under fluorescent lights, the worst possible scenario. If you take the panel outside in the sunlight, you cannot see the NPD color at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Greg