"Shades Of The Past Rod Run" Pigeon Forge, TN Sept 10/11 -NOT just Rods..

Discussion in 'Camaro Event Schedules & Locations' started by DGulliver, Aug 18, 2010.

1. DGulliver

DGulliver Member

Here's a link to she show: http://www.shadesofthepast.com/

Don't let the Rod Run name fool you.. the actual show cutoff is nothing newer than 1972, but here's the thing. The twelve mile stretch from Sevierville through Pigeon Forge to Gatlinburg will be packed with cars, parts, swapmeets, wall to wall, all weekend. Every parking lot in every hotel, restaurant, shop or store will be lined with hot rods, parts, projects of every size shape, condition and age. The 6 lane road through there will be a 24/7 parade of stuff all day and night. People line the parkway with lawn chairs and just sit and watch. It's really just overwhelming the amount of stuff there is to see. We go, but have never even made it to the actual show itself! There's no need, just tons of stuff everywhere you look. Last year we saw tons of 1st gen cars, SS's, RS's and Z/28's all weekend- and all for sale. The show link only tells about the proper show, but just being in the area is good enough- there's just no way to see it all anyways. Be a great place to sell one, or unload your extra parts, or find that new winter project. Kelly and I are going up for the weekend Thursday night -anybody coming send a PM if you like- love to meet up with any other Nasty Z/28 members.

2. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

damn I wish I could go but I'm pretty sure I have duty with my Reserve unit that weekend.

3. DGulliver

DGulliver Member

Had to bump this one.. Even if none of you can make it, I'll post pics next week :p

4. hogg

hogg Veteran Member

i went last few years i have had it take 3hr's to go 3 miles up the mountain,loved it last year stayed acrose from the Grand and walked everywhere,had chairs out on the road untile 11: at night watching the cars and other things ,i am 65 and wife didn't go,i like to look

5. Jim Stokkeland

Jim Stokkeland Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Isn't the Rod Run the week after Shades of the Past? I went a few years in a row, but haven't been the last couple years.

6. 5spd540

5spd540 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

They have a few rod runs there

7. z2871rsbb396

z2871rsbb396 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I will be there, I also will try and post some pictures next week.. So looking forward to going

8. 5spd540

5spd540 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

It is a nice show that is where my 69 nova came from last year.

9. dropit69

dropit69 Member

Pro-touring.com has the annual RTTH (run thru the hills) event the weekend of the grand fall run i have been there the past 4 years and am leaving tues to go again..we will be at the mainstays suites off pine mtn road if anyone is there stop by ill have my 71 there..

10. Jim Stokkeland

Jim Stokkeland Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I tried to get to that the first year. My wife was 3 weeks in, of 6 weeks bed rest, after a hysterectomy...but she wanted to go. We missed everything except the autoX, and we were late to that...

At least she got out of the house for the weekend.