Shock Advice

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by Trashman, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Trashman

Trashman New Member

I am trying to decide which shock for my car. On a budget (100 dollar and lower per shock) and it's either bilsteinHD, BilsteinAK, or koni specials.
    I want a shock with enough damping to control my Hotchkiss springs and "decent" ride. Namely anyone use the bilsteinAk line? I found only one thread on here and that's about it.

Car is 81, solid mounts, Hotckiss springs, spc upper control arms, delrin upper and lower CA bushings.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  2. OhCookie

OhCookie Veteran Member

The Bilstein AK shocks are designed for circle track. I've also read that they work well for autocross too as they tend to hold the front of the car down once it compresses.

I have the Bilstein HD's on my 70 and really like how they feel. I bought them from ajusa.com for around $85-$90 each.

3. m pozzi

m pozzi Moderator Staff Member

You have a lot of options in that price range. Look at the brands you mentioned and also at RideTech. Their product is manufactured by Fox Shocks here in California and is excellent.

Mary Pozzi