Short 3 piece spoiler

Discussion in 'Rader Classics' started by Lrader99, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lrader99

Lrader99 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

[​IMG]

^^^This spoiler is similar to a 1974-1981 style not 70-73 style. It looks to me that they completely changed the profile of the spoiler both front and rear. I want to keep the rear profile of the spoiler the same just change the front spoiler angle. I don't know about the Greening Auto spoilers mounting but my spoiler will mount exactly as the original, meaning no modifications to the holes you already have in your deck lid.

We will see when it is all said and done and do a comparison of that greening auto spoiler to my spoiler.

I'll take that bet, what do we win? :)

This is a plan of mine and I hope a few people find it a valuable addition to their car's and have a want for such a product.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  2. Lrader99

The angle has been changed on the front I will get and exact degree change for you shortly.

3. POS71RS

POS71RS Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I never knew about the Greening piece either... I'm curious to see how it looks.

But I applaud your efforts on this one. I was considering something like this on mine, but I was thinking more along the lines of cutting a short spoiler into 3 pieces and molding it in. I've actually since then have seen that on a 1st gen... and I kind of wish I had followed through.

4. Blu-By-U 79Z

Blu-By-U 79Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I gotta say i think their spoiler looks kinda goofy on this car. Since the sides arnt how they should be it looks like a wrong year part.

[​IMG]

5. 1MEAN7D

1MEAN7D New Member

6. joshp01

joshp01 Veteran Member

$350 is kinda steep in my opinion. Ready to see your finished peice :)

7. Lrader99

Actually I have a RS nose piece in progress. It is a FRP piece that replaces the inner surround, both grille halves and the the rubber pieces of the center divider.

As with all of my stuff it has a modern twist but if someone(s) twist my arm hard enough I could make another one as a stock(ish) replacement piece.

For the sake of cash flow this product was shelved for a short time but I will have production ready pieces available by the time the Fbody gathering roles around.

Right now there are numerous products in the works. Some are in early theoretical or developmental stages while others are just waiting for an influx of cash and time.

8. 70SSRS350

70SSRS350 Veteran Member

Yes, I do have a '70 with incorrect '74-and-after rear spoiler and it looks like that!

9. Lrader99

This project is still a-go just not enough of me to spread around all the various projects going on.

10. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Don`t listen to those other people ,build the car the way you like. You should see some pictures of the IMSA /SCCA Camaro`s from 1970-81.The aero modifications were pretty wild.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.