Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by simso, Feb 23, 2019.
now it looks like my project car
Now hopefully tomorrow I can
- Wire it up
- Fit the new power steering pump
- Fit new rocker covers
- Fit belts and radiator
- Get it running and broken in
It lives, now just got to tidy all the existing wiring in the engine bay.
Made the decision to fit the efi when she comes back as I have to mount the efi fuel sump pump in the engine bay somewhere, really want inner fenders in first.
The headers in the previous photo are stainless steel clipster shortys, they foul on the subframe and the steering column and everything else and this car is rhd.
These are the ones I removed, sending them off to be blasted and powder coated tomorrow, hope they come up okay and not end up being full of holes.
Will also weld in an O2 sensor bung for the efi before they get powder coated
More work you do now lessen the chance of scratching the new paint.
Took about 10 minutes with all the front end sheet metal off to swap out the subframe rubbers
The old bolts and bushings were dead but not as bad as what I have seen others pull.
New set of proform aluminium solid ones fitted all round with new bolts
Paint shop is not going to paint the dash cowl or side cowls, not part of the deal, costing me enough as it is , (10k for panel and paint) so going to clean it up today / sand it and paint the dash cowl and side cowls in an epoxy primer and then follow up coat in raptor bed liner
Power wire wheeled all the surfaces,
Couple of rust spots I patched and welded. (Lower cowls, bottom of A pillars)
Epoxy primed, so nice when paint goes on