Sketchy Camaro Offers (too good to be true)

Phil G

Veteran Member
May 3, 2004
Tucker, GA, USA
Those "don't know what it's worth" or "super-desperate" sellers are so few and far between that they are practically unicorns. If it looks like a scam, odds are fantastic that it is. I post wanted ads on local open-access Craigslist-type sites and I get one of these daily, no matter what the item I'm searching for is.

Do you know how to do a reverse image search on Google? Cut and paste that pic into your search bar and stand back, lol. Guaranteed that image pops up several times in all sorts of forums. I'd do it for you,but I'm on mobile right now, but I'm sure somebody can step up.

Anyways, I think you know it to be a scam in your heart, you spotted a serious error with the story.

That would have my suspicious nerve twitching! And I was thinking I had seen those pics before today. Maybe on another car forum...

72'z'steve

Veteran Member
Oct 15, 2000
waukesha wi usa
That car has been on ebay in the past,probably over the winter.pictures probably scammed from there and have funneled thru the web :(
I sent a member pics of the 2 '74 z/28 air cleaners I have-HEI and points style,probably 15-17 years ago I have,they have been posted for reference in the 74 section.I've seem them "for sale"probably a dozen times over the years in various places on the web-same pics sitting on my bar stools in my basement with my tonka toys in the background.Make you wonder about everyone posting every aspect of their lives on the web ;) Later Steve!!

BLUE72CAMARO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 15, 2004
Bunker Hill, IL
Glad you realized this was a scam but the palm trees anywhere in the midwest is more than a little suspicious. Im not that far north and I would still have to drive a long ways south to find a palm tree growing roadside like the one in the pics.

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
I got scammed on this site by a member years ago with a T56 deal, when I went to use it the trans was completely junk. He was not good to deal with, others are right buyer beware.

TTR230

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 2020
Burlington, Ontario
I'm on a forum that has a strictly applied seller feedback add-on. It works pretty well to keep people honest, but that's a huge community with thousands of members. This forum is way smaller and more intimate. I'm sure scams happen bere, but they are very rare, I'm sure. As has been pointed out, you are way more likely to be scammed by someone that doesn't have at least an implied relationship with you.

ssupercoolss

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
PA
Reverse search on google works well, but its also easy to defeat. Good looking out being suspicious of it.
Pictures are worth a thousand words, just look past the focus of the pic to see what else is going on. Someone posted a car on another site for sale, said they just took the pics. Car looked great, so did all the trees with green leaves behind it. The car was supposed to be in maine or newhampshire and it was november.

Latest posts