Sketchy Camaro Offers (too good to be true)

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by DRAGON64, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Phil G

Phil G Veteran Member

That would have my suspicious nerve twitching! And I was thinking I had seen those pics before today. Maybe on another car forum...

2. TTR230

TTR230 Veteran Member

I was thinking that the pic of the engine was super familiar, but then there are probably hundreds of sbc's that look like that!

3. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

That car has been on ebay in the past,probably over the winter.pictures probably scammed from there and have funneled thru the web :(
    I sent a member pics of the 2 '74 z/28 air cleaners I have-HEI and points style,probably 15-17 years ago I have,they have been posted for reference in the 74 section.I've seem them "for sale"probably a dozen times over the years in various places on the web-same pics sitting on my bar stools in my basement with my tonka toys in the background.Make you wonder about everyone posting every aspect of their lives on the web ;) Later Steve!!

4. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Glad you realized this was a scam but the palm trees anywhere in the midwest is more than a little suspicious. Im not that far north and I would still have to drive a long ways south to find a palm tree growing roadside like the one in the pics.

5. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

I got scammed on this site by a member years ago with a T56 deal, when I went to use it the trans was completely junk. He was not good to deal with, others are right buyer beware.

6. TTR230

TTR230 Veteran Member

I'm on a forum that has a strictly applied seller feedback add-on. It works pretty well to keep people honest, but that's a huge community with thousands of members. This forum is way smaller and more intimate. I'm sure scams happen bere, but they are very rare, I'm sure. As has been pointed out, you are way more likely to be scammed by someone that doesn't have at least an implied relationship with you.

DRAGON64 likes this.
  7. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

Reverse search on google works well, but its also easy to defeat. Good looking out being suspicious of it.
    Pictures are worth a thousand words, just look past the focus of the pic to see what else is going on. Someone posted a car on another site for sale, said they just took the pics. Car looked great, so did all the trees with green leaves behind it. The car was supposed to be in maine or newhampshire and it was november.

DRAGON64 likes this.
  8. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

DRAGON64 likes this.