Skip White Engines ?

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by newportman, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKIP WHITE

SKIP WHITE Member

Thank you z28rod for mentioning the post in the above link. I had forgotten about it. I just read it and it certainly says it all. This debate has gone on for some time, but I will explain soon what has happened in this industry, and why many people are understandably confused....The engines we sell have a lot of heart and soul in them. Much of my time is invested in making a good combination of parts, at an unheard of price. I strongly recommend checking out the link to a post above that I made on the hotrodders forum several months back. I'm to wore out from the PC head posting in the other sec. of this forum to write this valuable info again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2011
  2. ZS10

ZS10 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

This is getting old, quickly.

3. SKIP WHITE

SKIP WHITE Member

zs10
    This post began as an inquiry about Skip White engines, and since I was not active at the time to defend or say anything, members soon had the GM crate motor walking on water, and then a major componant of the engine, being the cyl. heads came into question. I did indicate in my last reply that I was wore out, from a previous post on the subject, and left it at that. I did say was that my engines have a lot of heart and soul in them. Do you think I should not have revived this post. Your a moderator, and I have no position in this matter. I aggree the subject is getting old, but in time enough will be said and links to former posts can be recommended for those inquiring.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  4. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Veteran Member

Not that I have a lot of experiance with Chinese hot rod parts,but I can tell you about the Chinese influence on the metal products industry overall. A lot of why there products are cheaper is because they are exploiting the laws that allow "up and coming" nations to create a lot more pollution and have much less worker saftey when manufacturing compared to what almost all the other "developed" countries are allowed. I have a scrap guy that buys lead sheathed copper cable from me. He cant sell it in the US because it cost too much to process it. He either sells it at a low price to the toothless hillbillies in the pine barrens who burn it in bonfires then bring back the clean copper that he pays them more money for,or sells it to a Chinese buyer who brings it over there by the shipload where workers burn it in open pits where it pollutes everything within a 10 mile radius and causes the workers to die an early death. The same thing goes for smelting the metals,and firing the furnaces to pour the castings. Near zero pollution control or worker saftey.

You cant really blame the Chinese,they are doing what America did for the last 100 years.. Americas great strength and wealth was built on it's abilty to manufacture goods to supply the world. We can no longer compete because we try to take the moral high road while countries like China do what they please. I guess the moral of the story is that when you buy Chinese goods you are not only preventing an American from having a job,you are killing a Chinese person too.

You may also want to know that even some higher priced "Made in the USA" products are cast or forged overseas to beat the pollution/saftey laws,and then just quality inspected and machined in the USA.

5. SKIP WHITE

SKIP WHITE Member

Rick, Im 100% with you on this, but there is more to the story, but some of the issues you raised, I'm very consiance about. Please start a post in the proper section, and think it could very interesting.

6. ZS10

ZS10 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

And that section would be S/P as you're free to discuss political topics there. PM me, or any Mod/Admin for a password.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.