Slow

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Strange81Z, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yeah - Facebook groups took a big hunk out of all forums. It's too bad, but I guess the golden-era had to end.

Strange81Z likes this.
  2. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Psychopathy Red

All I can say is without the help, knowledge, and encouragement from the members of this website, I would have never attempted to bring my wife's 73Z basket case back to life. Thank you very much to EVERYONE, past and present.

brooksman9, Zstar and Strange81Z like this.
  3. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I highlighted the important part. I've seen an exiting of members at most of the forums I participate in since Fakebook became popular.

Smokey15 likes this.
  4. Strange81Z

Strange81Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Facebook just isn't the same though. It's not as personal as Nasty because we all have our cars in common.

I too would have never attempted my second car without Nasty and the people here. Good info and great people.

I'm guilty of not being here as much though. It's always good to come back and check on the site though.

With my sons 79 I'll be here more often for sure. I've been trying to get him to join as well.

Smokey15 and Zstar like this.
  5. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Farsebook is killing, or slowing down, way too many sites. Not on Farsebook. It's not as personal or fun as sites.

Strange81Z likes this.
  6. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

I like this site cuz its a no bs just wanna help group. Noone bashes and always cool.

Strange81Z likes this.
  7. BP80Z28

BP80Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

As soon as I became a lifetime member it slowed way down. It take a few days now to get a response. It used to take minutes.

Strange81Z likes this.
  8. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

I don't do Facebook. This is my social media. I used to go to T/C too. a couple others also. I just don't have the time to stay up on all of them Plus the Other sites for my XUV. This site is by far the best IMO. Lots of Info already to look at. just have to hunt a little.

9. Buickfunnycar

Buickfunnycar Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm on FB for one thing and one thing only...to promote the funny car.

While I still visit this place each morning, it's just not the same as when guys like Aces ruled the roost...I miss that guy...and know he's on YB but I deleted that page and don't even lurk there.

This place is run great and people are generally kind to one another...unlike a lot of other forums.

10. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Yeah there is no reason to belittle people. This is not the place for it. Some sites have a spot to get all that out but I like just seeing stuff about the cars and some humor too. I have a F/B but never go there. It was some sort of sign up deal when I did something a while back.