smoking

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by rwild1967, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Good for you man! Keep at it!

2. red78z

red78z Veteran Member

i made a promise to Lizzie and my boy that ill quit this year , i never thought quitting would be so hard :whine:

3. Torrent

Torrent Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Believe me, your best decision EVER.

Keep it up, your mind will try to trick you into believing that you NEED to smoke. It will attack on your weekest moments, you have to stop and think, I can say it's not easy. I used to smoke two packs a day and decided to stop when I was in the middle of a smoke. That's been over 4 years now and I haven't smoked again yet. Don't ever be confident to think that you have quitted and you can stand an occasional smoke or let people smoke around you. Once a smoker, always a smoker and you will never, ever be an ex-smoker, just one who hasn't smoked for a long time.

I would suggest you to accomplish goals, at first probably a day without smoking, when you are comfortable you will turn it into weeks, then months and years, hopefully it will turn into lifetime.

also, tell people around you that you are giving up smoking and ask for their support (kinda what you did here).

Finally, I will be sending you some willpower, it will travel a long way from Southamerica, so give it a good use.

YOU CAN DO THIS, don't underestimate your enemy EVER.

GO GO GO !!

4. Earlsfat

Earlsfat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Permanent... nicotene is a stimulant. Just don't eat everything and you won't get fat. My pallette opened right the heck up after about 6 months to a year later and I enjoy so many more different foods now.

Hang tight... it does get better. One thing that helped me was intense cardio (yeah yeah... you can't tell now, but you could a while back.) Being able to breathe nice and deep after running a mile or 2 etc sure makes you realize how bad smoking is. The patch helps with cravings and bad moods... and whatever side effects it could possibly have are so much better than developing lung cancer that not using them as a crutch is a bit of a weak excuse. Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things I've ever done, any and all help... helps, lol.

5. rwild1967

rwild1967 Veteran Member

Hi guys! Thanks for all the support and advice! I'm at 41 hours and counting!

6. MrAzzhat2U

MrAzzhat2U Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Good Luck Rich,still on my list of things to do!

7. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Smoking constricts your blood vessels.

It's really unhealthy for you. You will soon get much more blood flow since your arteries
    and veins will be opening up more. You will feel sooooooo much healthier and your
    body will rest faster now with the increased oxygen flow to everything.

For Diabetics or pre-Diabetics Dr's advise strongly NOT to smoke because it reduces
    your bodies ability to filter out the sugar, since it constricts all our blood vessels.
    This is why smokers have a higher risk of so many health problems.

EDIT: Imagine you're at a drag race and your -10AN fuel line gets shrunk to a -4AN fuel line.
    What's gonna happen ??? Fuel pump has to work several hundred % harder to compensate.
    ......just like your heart has been doing for the past X years. It's finally getting a break. :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  8. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Other way around. 10AN is bigger (5/8"). AN sizing is defined as the "-" size over a 16th of an inch.

9. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I knew I was going to screw that up. THanks. :p

10. rwild1967

rwild1967 Veteran Member

If BP drops much lower I may be able to get off the hypertension meds.