smoking

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by rwild1967, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Ryan 79

Ryan 79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Just wait.

Soon, you'll notice everyone around you who smokes, even though you didn't notice it before. Your friends who smoke will try and make you not quit just to make fun of you, and will offer you cigaraettes all the time. You will now notice who smokes on the TV shows you watch, even though you didn't before.

Day 28 for me.

2. gary 80z

gary 80z Veteran Member

I have be using an e-cig for about 3 weeks now. Maybe it not great for my health but its better than 2 packs a day.

3. MadMike

MadMike Administrator Staff Member

>I have be using an e-cig for about 3 weeks now.

Me too but only since friday (2/1). I was down to 1/2 a pack a day. On Jan 29 I ordered some of those e-cig things. I had/have 5 cigarettes on my desk, next to my lighter. On Friday 2/1 - my 1st box of ecigs showed up (firelight fusion).
    I screwed that stuff together and ta-da... puff puff - water vapor. I said to myself... "I think I just quit smoking". Those 5 cigarettes are still on my desk. I'll probably throw them away.

So - I'm inhaling water vapor now. Not smoking the poisonous cancerous stuff. I'm "acting" like I'm smoking, this "smoke" looking stuff comes out for a couple seconds. I can hold the thing and stick it in my mouth.... whatever. It's significantly cheaper. Probably 1000% healthier....

I'm joking about freaking out on the facebook, but in reality... I'm in pretty good shape. No creepy-crawlys... I'm not screaming at people, smashing furnature, eating everything....

If you wish to quit... don't laugh at this option. Seriously. Even though it clearly states "not for smoking cessation".

Oh yeah, I don't have the urge to kill myself or others (like mentioned in the chantix commercial).

After a while, I assume sticking glowing sticks in my mouth will get old and I'll simply stop doing that....

I did a WHOLE lot of looking around online to figure out what was what, where it came from, what works and what's garbage....

I got 2 starter kits - essentially the same design(s) but from different companys. The fusion thing and V2. The "tobacco" flavor things, to make it easier on me. I'm not interested in the vanilla or mocha BS... I'm essentially trying to quit smoking...

I'm amazed. Smoked for 30 years, tried to quit 4 or 5 times. Was "sucessful" for a week (when I nearly died from pnemonia), but went right back. Now this time, I just stopped (albiet replaced it with a non-lethal activity).

4. rwild1967

rwild1967 Veteran Member

8 days, and I am doing fine I think. Slowed down on the snacking, haven't snapped at anyone in a while, not all stressed out anymore, and haven't shot at anyone in days.(j/k)

Feeling pretty good, recover faster after exercise, breathing better, even my chronic heartburn has almost gone away.

Blood pressure is steady at 108 over 71 and resting heart rate is 60 bpm. Both of those are significantly lower than they were before.

Mike I never smoked my last cig either, it is currently in my pistol safe with my antique zippo.

5. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

8 Days, I think you've made it over the hump.

The hardest part from this point forward is going to be staying away from anyone else who smokes.
    It will be a trigger. I agree with the E-cig things, they work great when I hit the bar nights and I need a smoke.

You are already noticing the refreshing health aspects of quitting which is awesome.
    Your body is going to feel 100x better and you'll live waaaaay longer without the cancer sticks

Once you've quit for quite sometime you're going to notice the ash tray smell of smokers.

6. clill

clill Veteran Member

Keep at it. Tell yourself you are now a non smoker. I lost my brother a couple years ago to lung cancer and it is a crappy way to die. Picture this...You go to doctor because your back hurts, doc finds a tumor the size of a tennis ball pushing on your spine, before you even start chemo-radiation your body starts producing too much Calcium and it affects your brain to where you are incoherent, then you die. Crappy way to die. Think of that when you get the urge to maybe have one more smoke. I was a smoker for about 25 years so I'm not just talking as if it is easy to quit. I watched my brother die a miserable death. Don't make your family watch that happen to you. You can do it.

7. JOHNNYMO

JOHNNYMO Veteran Member

How damn disgusting it is too... Its in their clothes, their curtains, in their hair, on their hands.... its all over. When I go into someones house thats a heavy smoker I hate it. By the time Im done I smell like a smoker!! I keep an extra shirt in the van because of it. Smoking is just an all around disgusting habit and it kills you to boot....:screwup: :screwup:

8. andy736

andy736 Veteran Member

Its been almost a year for me. I had one on new years this year ...and it was horrible! I took two drags and chucked it....I wonder how I ever smoked. Can't stand it anymore ...hang in there, in a couple months you too will wonder why you ever started in the first place.

9. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member

It's been 2 years for me, cold turkey. Very good advice from everyone here.
    I found when I wanted a smoke I just went and did something physical, such as going in garage to work on car, take a walk, or do a small project that I had been putting off. As time goes by the urge will diminish, and you will feel much better. Good luck you can do it !!

10. jdove

jdove Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Good onya man.

I need to these effers up to. It's real easy to talk about, especially if you have stress in life...