Snow!!

Discussion in 'The Great State of Texas!' started by BillyDean7173, Jan 10, 2021.

1. KingofThings

KingofThings Veteran Member

:( Who would do it today with the way kids are. I’ve been asked to drive a bus! Yeah right...not ANY bus thank you.

La.Z8 likes this.
  2. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have a huge amount of respect for most teachers, the ones who actually seem to care about what they are teaching and not just forcing their beliefs on the students. At the moment, my youngest is thinking about becoming a teacher and I will fully support her if she decides that is what she wants to be. Of course, she is only 13 and previously wanted to be a geologist so I'm thinking she may change her mind before too long.

giggity, La.Z8 and KingofThings like this.
  3. La.Z8

La.Z8 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Da-Bigguy, My daughter, the one that lives near you in Tomball, while in middle school wanted to be a teacher. She even did a 3 month stint while a high school freshman assisting middle school teachers. Didn`t last long after that. She`s now a PT with her Doctorate and specializes in Neuro deficit pediatric patients. Works for Teer-Memorial Herman in the Woodlands. So your daughter may change her mind, but as you stated we need great teachers as it`s a very hard and honorable profession.

Da-bigguy, KingofThings and wiseryder like this.
  4. Da-bigguy

Agreed, it wouldn't surprise me if she changes her mind but then again you never know. My eldest sister decided very early on that she wanted to be a doctor like our dad and that is what she is today. I also agree that teaching is a very hard and honorable profession. A single great teacher can make a huge difference in many children's lives. I was fortunate to have several great teachers over the years. I also had some that were definitely not great! One math teacher in high school was I'm sure a very nice lady but she couldn't teach her way out of a wet paper bag and when she was talking, it was in a monotone voice that put more than one student to sleep! When I was transferred to a different class partway through the year, my average grade went up about 25%!

La.Z8 likes this.
  5. KingofThings

KingofThings Veteran Member

436A6841-4B06-4956-B3EC-B5C0273323F4.jpeg

La.Z8 and Da-bigguy like this.
  6. La.Z8

La.Z8 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

To add to the teacher discussion.....My son lives just west of San Antonio, Tx. Has a masters in Kinesiology. He`s a coach/teacher at a large 6A high school just blocks away from Sea World. Actually he`s the Offensive Cord/asst head coach for football and coaches track in the spring. My daughter-in-law was the softball head coach/teacher but now works in administration as the testing coordinator. The students that they teach/guide are from mostly inner city troubled areas. It`s a challenge beyond what most realize. They are constantly dealing with learning and behavior issues. Both are very dedicated to the kids and are often contacted by them in the non school hours. Texas 6A football is almost like small college ball. Oh yeah he`s into high HP grudge racing.....see the latest build, the blue 02 Z28 Camaro. He sold the black SS about a year ago. Ran 8.50`s street legal. Andrews 02 Blue Camaro.jpg Andrews 02 SS.jpg

Da-bigguy and KingofThings like this.
  7. Da-bigguy

Major kudos to your son and daughter-in-law! They sound like they are great teachers. Football is definitely very huge in Texas! The cars look great!

La.Z8 and KingofThings like this.