So, am I not with it anymore or is this still rude?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Knuckle Dragger, Sep 19, 2017.

1. 71 rs BBC

71 rs BBC Veteran Member

I understand now! You got on me for listening to someone bitch and your pouring yours out to us. So on your point. Ya that's uncool! Have a good evening!

2. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Just minimize the window and turn and look at them with a "Well? Do you need something?"

...they always get that point.

3. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

was always taught it was rude to read over someone's shoulder. Grownups or not, just rude and when I was a kid.... welll just nevermind. Fact is it's rude.
    The more we give in to technology, the less privacy we have. I.e., they are on to Faicial recognition, well past fingerprints to unlock phones etc. and other so called "private" communications. Nothing is private anymore. Hell you knock her up and they can tell you damn near the hour in which you unloaded your weapon......

It's still rude and I'd tell him off. But that's me. Lol.

4. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

Get back to work fixing sh!t and quit your whining. You arent getting paid to crybaby to your internet friends....HAHAHAHAHA

Knuckle Dragger likes this.
  5. Phil G

Phil G Veteran Member

Years ago a company I worked for FINALLY gave us internet access. Didn't make much difference to me as I was in good with IT and they had patched a T1 line to my cube so I could use MY OWN laptop/modem/dialup account. ;)
    Boss gathered all of his reports together and told us we had internet access. Then told us we weren't to use it EVEN for work-related things! I was thinking WTF but kept my mouth shut.
    Fast forward a while and we were at a new vendor that was going to start to make air compressors for us (Medical Breathing Air). Was sitting next to my Boss and our Chief Engineer as the guy was explaining how they were greasing the needle bearings. I piped up and asked what kind of grease they were going to use and the guy said: "It's Proprietary." I said: "Well I have some experience with industrial lubricants and you probably should be using an FDA approved oven chain grease. Dow makes several good ones."
    Guy looked at me like I had grown a second head and the CE looked over at me and grinned. Later we were touring the shop and they were showing us how they lubed the bearings. Worker had some grease in an unmarked cup. I glanced around and lo and behold there on the worktable behind him was ONE open can of something with the label facing me!
    We flew back home and the next day I looked up the manufacturer on the internet. PING! Found them! Yep. Oven chain grease. No mention of FDA approval because it was made in BRAZIL! Showed the page to my Boss and said: "THIS is why we need to use the internet for work!" He didn't say a word, just went and got the CE to look at the page. CE looked at me and said: "Nice work Sherlock!" Boss never complained about internet use again. Pretty much gave us free reign after that!
    :)

Buickfunnycar likes this.
  6. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

Well, it is rude but in these days the other thing that surprises me and we don't just tell people how we feel about things like this before it gets to a stress level that blows up. Did you tell him you don't like him doing that? Not a hint, tell him directly. I guess I lost my filter a while ago and can be a dick. I am old and grumpy and that stuff I just tell people directly.

7. PalmbchZ28

PalmbchZ28 Veteran Member

I with you Dan... One of my biggest faults is I can't keep my mouth shut when there's something that NEEDS to be said.
    I like the direct approach.... Keep your eyes where they belong or I'm going to gouge them out.

8. bracketracer-78

bracketracer-78 Veteran Member

When you are on your own time during breaks, yes its rude to look at someone's business. When you are surfing the net on company time, not a designated break time then its open season.

71 rs BBC likes this.