So I went to Arbys yesterday and-------

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 72'z'steve, Jan 13, 2020.

1. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

POP QUIZ! So I went to Arbys yesterday and--
    (A) waited in single lane drive thru 18 minutes
    (B) was asked to donate a dollar for hungry people [I was hungry]
    (C) received 1 beef and cheddar Sammy with no meat,a bun cheese and sauce
    (D) all of the above
    Answer is D!!
    Not a rant but a comment on the state of things,I have posted before wifey and I RARELY stop at any of the chain places because of the state of utter despair they seem to be in,but wifey conned me into arbys! only 2 cars before me in line,18 minutes to get to window [single curbed lane so I was stuck] figured I'd get the food and drinks rather than pass window with finger raised,paid 20 bucks [too much] got food,wifey opened hers and no meat on the sandwich!! I went back and let her handle it-I guess they were "BUSY" so mistakes are made :whine: She gave them it all back and got our money back-I just chuckled because I got to say I told you so!! but I really can't believe no meat on the sandwich,we weren't bitchin or moaning so it wasn't I'll fix you kind of thing.I've learned not to expect anything so I don't get rattled.Like I mentioned before I vote with my feet and normally only local pop/mom places get my money when out-the wait is the same and food is better,I guess there is no fast food unless you go to the gas station :roadkill:
    I honestly wonder if the big chains are seeing a loss of revenue from people voting with their feet?Most of my friends/co-workers have given up on them-food is bad/wrong and you wait forever or the privilege!

dave@ztech, dcozzi, carr911 and 2 others like this.
  2. jeff swisher

jeff swisher Veteran Member

Yep I hear you .. many fast food places suck.
    Most of the time if I am by myself I go to 7-11 and get a 99 cent burrito and a soda or milk.
    If I get a fountain soda I can get out of there for just about 2 bucks.

I like the burritos and so i am full and happy.

I waited over 20 minutes after i paid for my food inside at Braums last year.. still did not have my food.
    Got the manager and told her i want my money back .. she said OK and gave me my money and said you want your food too.

I said NO it is not ready yet that is the issue here.

I went home got in the deep freeze and got a package of ground deer meat out .
    Thawed it in the microwave got the skillet warmed up and cooked a burger and made homemade fries in less than 15 minutes.
    Yea less than 15 minutes from frozen ground meat and the wife and I are eating out meal .

Sometimes I wonder why I go out for food.

Smokey15 likes this.
  3. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Most of the fast food places around here are bad, but the McDonalds in Mt. Vernon In., really sucks. One place I recently tried and is decent is called Fast Freddie's. The first time I went in one was on the east side of town. The service was poor and the place was filthy. The one on the west side must have a different franchisee because it's clean and fast. The only complaint is it's a bit too salty but I don't eat in there very often.

4. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

[​IMG]

Remember that slogan?

It's from a Wendy's commercial (1984) and many of the NastyZ members weren't even born yet. :crazy:

Coadster32, dcozzi and Dave Nelson like this.
  5. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I still can’t believe how many lazy people I see in the drive thru polluting the air, when a I walk in, order, walk out and drive away and see the same people that are still in line. LOL. And they’re probably the ones that bitch about climate change.

Camaro16, The Champ and Dave Nelson like this.
  6. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I remember her. She died when she was run over by a big Mack.

tom3 likes this.
  7. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Wife wanted mcd’s a while back. After a half hour trapped in the drivethru I was finally able to get around and leave. Never even made it to the pay window. Had I had my truck I would have used their lawn to escape. But alas the wife’s edge sits so low and I really didn’t want to f up the 20” rims on it jumping the curb (even though I don’t like ‘em)

So then a month later I didn’t have a ton of time I hit that same drivethru - thinking ok it’s not late must be more than 1 person working. Well I was right on that. Got my lunch, everything was in the bag - off I go and get back to work. One bite out of the 1/4pounder and i discover that it is raw. Like surprised it didn’t moo at me when I bit it raw. Tossed it in the trash and haven’t been back

8. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

wow Erie is MUCH different from what you guys describe

Erie is a tourist town...TONS of competition from restaurants, so they are ALL on their A game

the closest McDonalds to me....less than a mile away the store manager just won a HUGE national award for excellent service

I've never waited in a drive through more than a few minutes

all the Erie Taco Bells give tons of napkins, mints & wet finger towels in the drive through bags

I love Erie

9. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Shizzle likes this.
  10. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I was just talking about this today. That and Life cereal with Mikey.