So who bought guns in the last 4 months?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Camarolina, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've had a lot of people in CA who were quite anti-gun ask me about how/where to buy a firearm as the Covid shutdowns took hold.
    People have gotten a (very small) glimpse of what it looks like with SHTF and realized who exposed they were.
    It's a good thing.

1972_Z-28 and 351maverick like this.
  2. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

sorry all 45 in this house..... lil bit scared of the pin fire...NO SAFETY handguns.....got 3 teens!!!!........rather risk .3 seconds to solve a problem than 3 X POINT.3 seconds of ignorance!!!!

3. cali cruzer

cali cruzer Veteran Member

I was well prepared before the crisis of Covid and now, civil unrest. I do want to add another 12 ga. shotgun, a Maverick 88 Security 7+1 pump. Impossible to find locally without having to order and wait. I figure I'll wait it out and maybe find a nice unfired one cheap after the "crisis" ends.
    The only bad part about the panic buying has been a lack of plentiful 9mm ammo locally. Prices are all up at high retail too.
    For a smaller CC gun I carry either a Ruger LC9s Pro, EC9s or a Walther CCP. All about the same size as a S&W Shield.

4. Silver75

Silver75 Veteran Member

I didn't but Mrs. Logan did. She bought herself a new LCP 2 to carry.

5. La.Z8

La.Z8 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I added a few extra mags for my Glock 43. Great concealed carry weapon, doesn`t print and has excellent trigger feel.

6. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

my dad bought his first handgun a few weeks ago...Ruger LCP 380 MUCH against my advice....it's way too small for his arthritic hands but that's the one he wanted so F it

I carry a NAA mini revolver...it's my camping/hiking gun

7. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

One things for sure with these lockdowns and riots, the second amendment argument has been settled for the next generation or two.

roadrace2, 1972_Z-28 and mrfleet12 like this.
  8. Phil G

Phil G Veteran Member

I have a Taurus PT111 Millennium G2. haven't put many rounds through it though. First time I picked it up at the gun shop it felt like it was made to fit my hand! Anything else I liked was twice (or more) the price. I did put the Lakeline recoil spring and guide rod in it though. First thing I did when I got it home was clean it and oil it. Looked at that plastic guide rod and thought to myself "THAT can't be a good idea!" Spring looked like it was already walking off the rod and I hadn't even fired it!

9. Phil G

Phil G Veteran Member

I also carry (EDC) a .22 Magnum Mini. Beautifully made little thing. Got the second cylinder so I can shoot .22 short/long/long rifle. CCI Mini Mag hollow point to carry and .22 LR hollow point to kill milk jugs with (and the Mini Mags will obliterate one)! Gotta get the hard rubber grips for it though. The rosewood ones it came with are too pretty to get scratched up!

351maverick likes this.
  10. djorgensen3

djorgensen3 Veteran Member

I just built 3 80% AR15's. One for wife, son and myself. It was a fun process and had a great time building one of them with my son.

roadrace2 likes this.