So who has retrofitted an OLD aftermarket fuel injection with a NEW self tune ecu?

Fbird

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 12, 2011
atlanta, ga
My OLD Holley commander 950 MPFI system is beyond my communication being an XP ONLY system. A new retro-fit ecu/self tune ecu-harness is $1500. Anybody else done this? was it worth the $$$.
ONLY TALKING ABOUT UPGRADED SYSTEM...not carb to EFI.

PaRoadDawg

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 10, 2002
PA
I have a Terminator X Max on my 6.0 LS powered Buick. I just had a remote tune done on it, but due to snow yesterday, haven't gotten out to run it yet. I've had it about 2 years now and out of the box, runs good, but rich. I like it enough that I bought a second one for my 5.3 LS swapped Wrangler. I'm still putting that one on. The Wrangler did have a SBC with the FITech. I could never get it to run right on the SBC. I may try it again on something else in the future.

Fbird

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 12, 2011
atlanta, ga
well it will be a Holley 850 dp for a while as $1500 for a retro-fit brain is a little OUT OF SITE currently

. BUT...i will be driving it down the street making noise in my 81 Bird instead of it just sitting and dieing under a tarp.

Fme

Apr 23, 2013
USA
If you have fuel injection already...Holley Terminator X without trans control or DBW is $1100.00. ECU and wire harness.

67johnny

Veteran Member
Apr 14, 2016
vancouver
It may be worth reaching out to Doug Flynn from Holley for suggestions.
I am sure an ECU retrofit could be done on the cheap with some used components.
I see that stuff on ebay and FB marketplace occasionally.
My first 950 became a problem when they stopped offering a up a port for a floppy disk! LOL
This link is old but I am sure he is still out there.